Vortex Viper vs. Clearidge Ultra

kallen

I'm looking for a hunting scope to be used at no more than 600 yards. I have focused on scopes with no more than 14x on the high power and 44 on the objective and keeping the cost below $800.

The vortex viper 4-12x40PA and the Clearidge ultra xp5 popout as the most bang for the $$$ so I am curious to how they would compare if anyone has got to handle them. I'm also thinking about checking out the 2009 Bushnell 6500.

Thanks

I can not comment on the Vortex, but we are getting great feedback on our Ultra XP5 scopes. We had a customer sent two of the Bushnell Elite 6500's back to Bushnell and he has purchase 4 of our Ultra XP5's since.

I too am looking for a new scope.

The question that I always ask myself is what about the Warranty?
In 5 years will these companies be backing their products or will they have gone by the wayside?

I am pretty sure that Leupold or Bushnell or NightForce and most of the big names will survive these economic times, but will the lesser known and new companies? A Ginsu knife with a 100 year warranty does no good when they no longer exist :)

edge.

Take a good hard look at the Wonder Optics scope 4-14x50 great quality at at great price !
Call 918-527-2407 the owner Matt Wonder should answer and he will answer any questions you may have about his product .lightbulb

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.