Vortex, Alpen, and Hawke spotting scopes

1973cj5

Looking for feedback from people who have used or own one of the following spotting scopes; Vortex Viper HD 20x60x80, Alpen Rainer 20x60x80, and Hawke Endurance 20x60x80. I currently have an Alpen 20x60x80 that I purchased for $350 four years ago. Although happy with the current Alpen that I own, my 54 year old eyes are not getting any better and I am looking for options to increase clarity without breaking the bank account. The spotter will most often be used for 1) Target shooting out to 500 yards, and 2) Bow and rifle hunting in the early morning and late afternoons in the North Dakota Badlands. Reason I am looking at these three scopes: I have seen good reviews on the Viper HD but have not looked thru one. I am very happy with my current Alpen but want ED glass, thus considering the Alpen Rainer. I own two Hawke Sidewinder 30 Tactical rifle scopes which I am very pleased with, thus considering the Hawke Endurance.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

1973CJ5

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts