Vit 24N41

JRY46

Ok , so I got somewhat caught up in the moment of scrambling around for powder while everyone is hoarding the stuff. I just happened on a pound of Vit 24N41. Ive been looking for some RL33 for my new 28 Nosler, and looking at the smokeless burn rate chart, iI saw that in fell somewhere in between RL33 and US869. Anyone use this for there 28 or should I save this for trading stock and wait for the RL33. Thanks in advance for the reply's......................................JR

Ok , so I got somewhat caught up in the moment of scrambling around for powder while everyone is hoarding the stuff. I just happened on a pound of Vit 24N41. Ive been looking for some RL33 for my new 28 Nosler, and looking at the smokeless burn rate chart, iI saw that in fell somewhere in between RL33 and US869. Anyone use this for there 28 or should I save this for trading stock and wait for the RL33. Thanks in advance for the reply's......................................JR
I snagged a keg of the stuff a month or so ago. Currently doing some load testing in 300 rum, haven't gotten up to full bore and accuracy loads yet but it's looking promising. Getting velocities comparable to R33 if not faster using a 28" barrel. Based on the burn rate I don't think it would be better than R33 if you've got a 26" barrel however. But 28-32" barrels should really give it a chance to hammer the heavies in most overbore guns with heavies. I bought it specifically because I've got a 30-338 lapua improved based chambering coming up and I've seen some great things about it for the 300 terminator in particular.

I used to use US 869 in my ridgeline 28 nosler (no longer have that gun) and I got a lot of good results with it, and 24n41 seems to be more temp stable than 869, so if you have access to more than a single pound, I would use it. If not, I don't know how easily you're able to develop an accurate load with only a pound of powder but if you think you can, you should give it a try.

Thanks for the info. I'm using my Retumbo now since I have a decent supply of it on hand. I just couldn't stop myself from grabbing the Vit when I saw it on the shelf.........................JR

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.