Verifying a load

I do 25-50, either in one group or as an aggregate of 5 shot groups. For a hunting gun I'm usually on the lower end of that range since I spend more time waiting for the barrel to cool. There's a bit of math behind it, but in short group size when you shoot 3, 5, or even 10 round groups is pretty random. The more rounds you shoot the less random your group size is. If you do multiple 3-5 shot groups you need to overlay them into one group with POA as a reference point, not average them, as the center of your group is likely to move around.

Barnes is probably booking it short - the LRX is designed for high weight retention meaning it's a decently hard alloy for a mushrooming style mono, and they don't want any kaboomed actions from their load data if someone sticks one hard into the lands.

At 3.500" are all the drive bands fully hidden in the case neck? If they are you probably have some length to work with, I'd wager a guess of at least out to 3.610" where Hornady books their 190 CX at.

If you want to try seating longer to put more powder in there are multiple methods to find the lands to make sure you don't jam a bullet. But if you're happy with the speed and the grouping..... no need to dicker or dither with it IMO, run the load you have.
After thinking about, I'm going to try going up to max load (77.0 grs) with this bullet. I'll probably start at 74.0 grs. and working up from there. If my memory is correct, my mag length is about 3.625". I will gaining .125". Which is a lot of room for more powder. The load I thought I was going to go with is 73.8grs of H1000, I thought it was going to be kinda slow for the caliber. I haven't measured it.

Jason

Find your lands with the 200gr. Then back off .050" and see if it will fit in the mag and feed. I wouldn't be afraid to seat deeper if they won't fit. Barnes seem to favor more jump in the rifles I have tried them in. Ultimately they have given way to the Hammer bullets, as I like the terminal design better. Load work up it just the icing on the cake.

In my 300 WM I didn't load the 200gr but did the 175. I too was compressed with H1000.

Switched to Rl22, not compressed and gained 175 fps.

All loaded at 3.335" to feed from a Ruger box.

After thinking about, I'm going to try going up to max load (77.0 grs) with this bullet. I'll probably start at 74.0 grs. and working up from there. If my memory is correct, my mag length is about 3.625". I will gaining .125". Which is a lot of room for more powder. The load I thought I was going to go with is 73.8grs of H1000, I thought it was going to be kinda slow for the caliber. I haven't measured it.

Jason
I've not tried the Barnes 200gr LRX. I think that it would be very useful to measure your chamber distance to lands. I have also tried some of the various methods; some are kinda fussy. I ended up buying the Hornady OAL gauge and it works very well.

I have read from other sources that Barnes like a 50 thou jump. I do have a Hornady OAL gauge. I'll get a measurement before I load some more test loads. I do want these to fit in the mag for this is a hunting rifle.

Jason