Venison sausage.. & other flavors...

Nodak7mm

I got involved in the "West MI sausage Club" last night, had a blast, good guys and great sausage. Will be attending as regular as Gun club meetings.....

I grew up on wild and homeade meats, round steak don't cut it.. Now all I prefer from my deer is sausage.

Whats your favorite blend????

Nodak

I like jerky and have some good recipes if you are interested. I have not maid sausage how do you make it?
Crow Mag

ah its getting there.. I seem to run into unexpected problems lol.. Just got the stock done and the barrel is ready to go just need to stick it all together now.. Now some how the pin for the set on my canjar trigger fell out and so did the set itself.. I have tried callin canjar to see about getting a replacement but cant get ahold of them.. Always get there machine and I havent gotten a callback yet.. Anyone know where I can get a replacment set??

Brock

I like the Western Barbecue Jerky
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 Teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
1 lb. lean meat thinly sliced
(3/16 to 1/4 inch thick)
I add more peppers to my likening
grin.gif
shocked.gif

I like this one to frontier jerky
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 lb lean meat
(3/16 to 1/4 inch thick)
I add more peppers to my likening.
add more peppers to your liking

I use a dehydrator or a smoker to make the jerky
Crow Mag

The other night we made a Santa Fe pork/chicken sausage, has fresh cilantro, japalenos, garlic, salt & pepper & bottle of tekilla. Cooked it up last nite for supper and the wife said "your gonna make more of this". Actually impressed myself as to how good it was.
smile.gif

I used to help make sausage when Granpa was around, but Granpa's up chasing 12 pt white tails and spearing 30lb northerns in his darkhouse & my family is 1000 miles away... So the sausage interest waned and I always wanted to get back into it. Got lucky in the sense that I am only 10 minutes away from where the West Mi Sausage club meets and makes suasage.. Good fellowship, good food. My neighbor joined with me so I may take the plunge and start buying equipment as it is a group effort. But I am also thinking as a club member I might be able to use the equipment...

I could go on but like I said this board is also a great format for "Good Fellowship!!!! Just wanted to share the expereince...

Nodak

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.