Using Magnum Remmington Primers on 6.5 creedmoor load

You can use them, adjust back about a grain on your load ,chronograph it back up to the speed you were before. May not make any difference. But always drop back when you change something in the recipe. I use magnum small rifle primers in my .223 because I have several thousand of them. I'm seeing no difference in accuracy.

Hey all, I am sure this is something down in the archives but I was wondering, has anyone trying loading 6.5 creedmoor with Remington 9 1/2 large magnum primers?

I have a few boxes but don't like using them for my 338 Lapua.
As with anything else, YMMV. In order of precedence, my primer preference is CCI, Federal, Winchester, and Remington, except for my.300 WSM. I am still in the load development stage but also working on my .257 WBY and .338 Thor (NMI). IIWY, I'd trade/sell them locally for your desired primer. The 9 1/2M is a lot harder to find than the non-magnum. Good luck!

As with anything else, YMMV. In order of precedence, my primer preference is CCI, Federal, Winchester, and Remington, except for my.300 WSM. I am still in the load development stage but also working on my .257 WBY and .338 Thor (NMI). IIWY, I'd trade/sell them locally for your desired primer. The 9 1/2M is a lot harder to find than the non-magnum. Good luck!
I have about 3k 9 1/2 magnum. Might be willing to sell or let 1 or 2k go. PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

Hey all, I am sure this is something down in the archives but I was wondering, has anyone trying loading 6.5 creedmoor with Remington 9 1/2 large magnum primers?

Why don't you use them in your 338 Lapua I have some but I've not tried in mine yet?

do it jewish GIF

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I use them in my 6.5 cm because I'm using 6.5 staball as ball powders in cold weather are harder to ignite. I also have seen slight velocity increases for the round vs standard using them with stick powders. So, since the 6.5 cm needs more, I always use mag primers to get just a little bit more.