• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Used .257 barrel wanted

Mike Matteson

Wanted a used .257 barrel. It will be chamber for a .257/280AI for fire-forming cases. I have the action. Will pay to ship and purchase the barrel.

I was thinking of a wrong place. You are central Calif. I don't think I'll be driving by. 🤣
Checks in the mail. Never heard that before. 😇
Thanks again.
Yeah unless you'd want to visit lake Tahoe, its a nice enough place as California goes and a nice place to clain as ones back yard,but I don't recommend it unless you like large crowds of people, so now I'm going to give you a choice,
I have 2 barrels both Rem 722 barrels, one was turned down and shortened To 21 inches,
The other is 24 inches however this barrel was one of the few I ever encountered that refused to break free of the receiver, I removed hundreds of barrels but my barrel vice just wouldn't hold, so I had to put in the lathe and use a thin cutoff tool to break the friction between barrel shoulder and the receiver, so this barrel will need to be sit back about a 1/8 inch which shouldn't be a big deal once you get it in the lathe to chamber, let me know and I get'er on the way.

Yeah unless you'd want to visit lake Tahoe, its a nice enough place as California goes and a nice place to clain as ones back yard,but I don't recommend it unless you like large crowds of people, so now I'm going to give you a choice,
I have 2 barrels both Rem 722 barrels, one was turned down and shortened To 21 inches,
The other is 24 inches however this barrel was one of the few I ever encountered that refused to break free of the receiver, I removed hundreds of barrels but my barrel vice just wouldn't hold, so I had to put in the lathe and use a thin cutoff tool to break the friction between barrel shoulder and the receiver, so this barrel will need to be sit back about a 1/8 inch which shouldn't be a big deal once you get it in the lathe to chamber, let me know and I get'er on the way.
Bret,

Let me run this by the gunsmith. It's above my pay grade. Or I can give you his phone no. 406-369-3007 and give him a call. Garrett Schmitt is his name. I am also going to send him an email on what you posted her.
Thanks for the update. it doesn't have to go that fast. I still waiting for the reamer. I got the check in the mail yesterday, but I don't think it went out until tomorrow.

Thanks for the update.
Mike

Last edited: