Unicorns in stock

Hodgdon waited too long to bring 4350 back out, I started using IMR 4451 powder and so far it's better than H4350.

Hodgdon waited too long to bring 4350 back out, I started using IMR 4451 powder and so far it's better than H4350.

Agreed. I got 24lbs of RL-16 and couldn't be happier. Better velocity, stability and ES/SD than I believe I'd get from H4350 but I'd get a 1lb of it if I get the opportunity just to try it out.

Good to see that it's out there though, for those that did go through the steps. I just got into 6.5CM too late to even get my hands on H4350.

Thanks for the heads up. Saw Bass Pro had H4350 about 10 days ago, but no Fed primers. I asked and 2 lbs was all they had left.
I bough 2k of the fed 215M's and 4lbs of H4350. If my rifle doesn't like it I can easily sell it and not loose and money.

My fear is it WILL like it and getting ahold of it will become a problem.

If Cabela's is getting them in and still holding stock for a solid day then hopefully it's getting better.

I had read at one of the firearm oriented websites I frequent that Federal just lost a significant U.S. military ammo contract, so they were supposedly going to be able to produce more powders and primers for availability to we reloaders.
Anyone else here this and can confirm as true?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.