Unheard of question! What cartridge?

Couesnguns

The first rifle I bought, a model 70 crf in 7 mag with an indian head penny in the stock, needs a new barrel. I already have the barrel in a proof .284 8.4 twist. I was thinking about running a 7/300 but with the box length being 3.4, I would have to do the wyatt box to fit the longer bullets to their optimum length. I am leaning towards running the 180 class bullets, with hammers in mind for elk hunting. So why not just run a 7 wsm and not mess with a wyatt box. The 7 sherman max is also an option. Any others that I should look at?
I am going to keep this a hinge floor plate and same stock to keep it as original in my mind as possible. Any issues running short mags in a long action? Worried about chambering issues. My 6.5 saum is in a long action but I use a magazine, not a bdl.

Look at the Wyatt's CFE-13 kit. It will convert your box the center feed an is designed for standard length magazines and magnum sized cartridges.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.