Unable to post in Classifieds

I'm also sure part of the reason of the 10 posts is to be sure you're a engaged member. Allows a person considering a purchase from you to see that. If a person was to review your posts now and they saw 6,7,8,9,10 I am sure they would not feel comfortable making a purchase from a person circumventing the system. There have been members that have lost significant amounts of money here in the classifieds. Just recently I myself just lost $1405 on a Mark5 purchase I made on eBay. Fortunately I paid with my credit card and I am able to dispute the charge. I take responsibility to the extent as I made a purchase from someone with NO feedback. Anyways, glad we have you as a member but with just a little more conversational engagement and you would've never had this issue. By the way, whatchya got to sell?

Last edited:
I'm also sure part of the reason of the 10 posts is to be sure you're a engaged member. Allows a person considering a purchase from you to see that. If a person was to review your posts now and they saw 6,7,8,9,10 I am sure they would not feel comfortable making a purchase from a person circumventing the system. There have been members that have lost significant amounts of money here in the classifieds. Just recently I myself just lost $1405 on a Mark5 purchase I made on eBay. Fortunately I paid with my credit card and I am able to dispute the charge. I take responsibility to the extent as I made a purchase from someone with NO feedback. Anyways, glad we have you as a member but with just a little more conversational engagement and you would've never had this issue. By the way, whatchya got to sell?

A member was asking about Remington Custom Shop rifles in the classifieds, and I have an old KS 7RM in the safe I'm not using. I wanted to add a comment to their post instead of through private message, as I prefer full public disclosure rather than dealing behind the scenes. Not sure it's worth the effort, though.

A member was asking about Remington Custom Shop rifles in the classifieds, and I have an old KS 7RM in the safe I'm not using. I wanted to add a comment to their post instead of through private message, as I prefer full public disclosure rather than dealing behind the scenes. Not sure it's worth the effort, though.
Comment on his post. Might be someone else interested as well.

I understand the concept of weeding out members who join solely to buy/sell items through the classifieds for financial gain, there's ebay, gunbroker, etc. for those purposes. But I've been a member here for over 9 years and I doubt anyone would sit on a fake username that long for the aforementioned purpose.

I've never been the type to talk for the sake of hearing myself talk, and my tastes in rifles are different than the vast majority here - so I've seldom felt the need to engage in conversions that no one would gain from. I'm not interested in an "Out of the box" long range "system" that promises to make any average Joe into a long range marvel. My pre-64 Winchesters do just fine, thank you. I do enjoy reading about new scope technology, and am interested in scopes being sold that have fallen out of favor and are not the fad of the week. That's why I'm here, not to talk about my XXX custom 700 clone in XXX custom painted chassis with XXX carbon fiber barrel. How many different iterations of the same parts can one use and still consider it custom?

Different strokes for different folks.

I had the same issue when I tried to use the classifieds. I paid to be a team member and the problem was solved.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts