Trying to post scope question

Mon
This reminds me of a 3 gun match I went to. Most of the matches only shoot out to 1-200 yards around my location. With the except 1, which they are capable of 300 yards stages. So on the way to the match in the AM I stopped off at a friends property and confirmed drops with my rifle out to 300 yards. They were spot on. First stage of the day had me on the longest stage which happened to only be set up for 200 yards that day. I was 5-6th shooter up and noticed everyone was having a hard time hitting the 10" poppers. Thinking to myself, this should be a cake walk since I have a 200 yard range in my backyard and I had already confirmed everything was dead on less than an hour prior. Well, I'm up, buzzer goes off and I send the first 6-8 rounds right over the top of the 10" plates. I ended up hitting them dead center by holding on the bottom half with my 100 yard zero!!!! My confidence in my equipment was in the toilet for the rest of the day. I stopped at the property on my way home and once again everything was spot on. 100,200 and 300. Everyone I talked to said they were missing high that day... weird stuff, probably aliens

There is this small canyon my dad and I used to hunt back in old Mexico, they called it the Remolino which means twister, anyways there is this slope we used to climb up to the ridge and usually the weather was in the 30'a or 40's and we would get this swirling warm wind coming up all the way the hill, and by warm I mean warm ans it was always going up hill.

Enough rambling, point is there are some weird weather or nature things that can affect bullet trajectories in many ways

Yes sir it should take more clicks at each distance we are shooting at each yardage to verify our clicks one scope is a huskemaw 2 are leupold greybull precision scopes a friend also had the same thing where he had gained clicks from 500 to 600 normally gain 2 clicks or so per hundred not lose clicks like we have don't know how to explain better but I appreciate you trying. David

Range is flat here in Kansas I have went through all scenarios and could not come up with an answer I can't explain it was hoping maybe someone else had see this happen before thanks for spending your time trying to answer my question. David
It seems that you have an optical illusion on your range. I have been on one before . Looks like a hill but you can't coast down it and when you get to the bottom . Put your truck in neutral it looks & feels like you are coasting up the hill that is not actually not there

Some friends and I used to go shooting in a canyon not far from where I live. We would shoot from a level area across the canyon to the other side, a distance of around 200 yards. Some days everyone would have trouble with accuracy. Then one day we decided to shoot shotguns and I brought out a clay bird thrower. We couldn't believe what we saw! The clay birds would start out over the canyon then dip sharply and immediately climb back up to a higher trajectory than they started out on! Apparently there must have been an invisible river of air flowing down the canyon which affected anything that passed through it. Perhaps there is an environmental answer to the OP's query.

Common sense right now with data you provided, your 400 yard target is not in the right spot, be 425-430.
These things usually turn out to be simple mistakes, verify target ranges.
Finally made it to our range you were right on the money the 400 yard target which is same ad our 600 yard target was 20 yards off guess you can't depend on other peoplesites information all the time I do thank you for your input. David

Finally made it to our range you were right on the money the 400 yard target which is same ad our 600 yard target was 20 yards off guess you can't depend on other peoplesites information all the time I do thank you for your input. David
It's always something simple, complicated by our thought process, lol
Thanks for getting back!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.