• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Tract Optics….anybody else seeing this?

I fished with the owners of Tract in the Whitemarlin Open, great guys and they will stand behind their products. They are also the owners of Wasp archery, Montana decoys and 1 other hunting product that I can't remember. I wanted to put one of their scopes on my 28nos but had already purchased a Nightforce for it.

I have there spotting scope and there 10x50 bio's and they have awesome glass. I'm selling the spotting scope only because I wanted a MOA reticle and they only offer it in mil-rad, but the glass is awesome.

My son and I are in a field stand this morning… His VX 5HD 3-15 has nothing over my Toric 3-15… Right now you can get this scope new for under $700 and the Leupold with the Boone and Crockett reticle is more like $1100.00

My son and I are in a field stand this morning… His VX 5HD 3-15 has nothing over my Toric 3-15… Right now you can get this scope new for under $700 and the Leupold with the Boone and Crockett reticle is more like $1100.00
It is interesting that you see those 2 scopes as similar….is that what you are saying?

It is interesting that you see those 2 scopes as similar….is that what you are saying?
Well... They are both 3-15; the Tract is 1" with a 50MM obejective end and the Leupold is 30MM with a 44 objective end... I actually like the Leupold a lot... But it was interesting that at first light, I would have given the slightest of edges to the Tract when a herd of 8 came out of the thicket at 430 yds.
We don't shoot past 500 yds on the range and on the field, so we don't dial. Both scopes do very well with their ballistic reticles and hitting targets.
In the end, I don't know how similar I should see them, but I'd say that my Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 edges both of them in first or last light.

Well... They are both 3-15; the Tract is 1" with a 50MM obejective end and the Leupold is 30MM with a 44 objective end... I actually like the Leupold a lot... But it was interesting that at first light, I would have given the slightest of edges to the Tract when a herd of 8 came out of the thicket at 430 yds.
We don't shoot past 500 yds on the range and on the field, so we don't dial. Both scopes do very well with their ballistic reticles and hitting targets.
In the end, I don't know how similar I should see them, but I'd say that my Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 edges both of them in first or last light.
Thanks.

I wonder how you would compare the 4-20x scope to your Swaro…it is a helluva scope for that price, IMO!

I would email them and see what they would do for you.

Recent Posts