• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Thru the scope camera system (Trade) (Mailed -> Gone)

Dave King

A trade item.

I reserve the right to withdraw an item for any reason (bickering would be one reason).

I will present the item as best I understand it, I will list faults that I know (and recall). If the item is dangerous (could put an eye out or something without special instructions) I may limit its demise to someone I know and trust.

I assume the new user will use the item as designed and intended and for lawful purposes. If the new user is injured with the item I will believe it is due to negligence, willful ignorance or stupidity (or any combination of two or in extreme cases all three).

I have a custom built (for me) thru the scope camera system. This is built to work with a Leupold VXIII (older models) or the Long Range Tactical MK4 (a #11 Butler Creek eye piece model).

It has a 50/50 beam splitter and a CCD camera (black and white but I believe I have the color for it too).

I say again... This was custom built for me...

I traded about $2,500 (USD) for this setup.

I used it a few times on a Sony Optura DV camera.

This is an item for a person with some knowledge of these things, beam splitters, CCD cameras and such.

Its power is supplied via a small battery pack and it can be cable fed to a camera carried in a backpack. There is not a remote camera start switch but I did toy with one.

I will trade this for nearly anything reasonable (I know its not worth much to anyone else but it might be a neat toy for a tinkerer).

My intention was to use it for training but my training interests died about the time this was built (I was looking for some new adventure but I decided to move on).

Its been sitting on my desk a long while and I've forgotten a bit about it.

It needs a new home!

thru-scope-camera1-s.jpg

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/thru-scope-camera1.jpg

thru-scope-camera2-s.jpg

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/thru-scope-camera2.jpg

thru-scope-camera3-s.jpg

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/thru-scope-camera3.jpg

Last edited:
I would very much like to have this to "tinker" with, but I don't know that I have anything to trade that you'd be interested in. Please let me know what you would consider a reasonable trade and I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

I have no idea what you would consider the worth of this item to be but it is a fine example of a rapid prototype.

I'm looking for a Leupold straight power scope for my non-ported 450 Marlin, a used but in good shape M8-4x (I have two now and really like them) would be very nice. I have no interest in a weak scope for this rifle as it kicks really really hard (not unlike a 416 Rigby).

The M8s seem to work fine on my Rem 870 slug guns so I figure they'll hold for the 450 too.

What do you think??

Let me do some checking, I may be able to come up with something. Is there anything else you would consider worthy trading material? Thanks.

I never know what I'll find interesting... Shiny stuff appeals to me regularly.

A used M8 should be about $130 - $150... Are you thinking thats too much for a tinkering device?? (I'm not too good with money so let me know what your thinking is appropriate.)

Don't mean to come across as cheap, sorry, it's just I have a newborn son and have to watch how much I spend on my toys. I'll see what I can do.

Sharpshooterbr

No problem, just trying to figure this out is all.

I have no use for nor interest in this thing but I know someone out there does, you seem to be at the head of the line in that regard and I'd be pleased to offer someone the chance to tinker with this.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll ship the thing to you and if you come across something that you think I might like give me call or PM.. Of if you come across a used Leupold M8 4x in good shape let me know and I'll buy it. (The camera will be your finder's fee for whatever we eventually figure I'd like.)

Recent Posts