• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Thermal long range scope

nal3470

Looking to buy a new or gently used thermal scope one with range finder is a plus wanting a quality optic for my 1st and only thermal...I've been reading good thing about pulsar, and super yoter so something along their line or similar have a Grendel to put it on or a 6.5 saum may wear it as well let me know what's out there keep um under 5k do have a few trade goodies if needed like ammo brass bullets scopes etc also have cash ready

Last edited:
Long range and thermal is tough. Good thermal isn't cheap. Great thermal for long range is really expensive.

I'm in staff with Night Vision Outfitter.
What's your end goal/range?

When it comes to Long Range Thermal it's a niche scope. You don't want a lot of digital zoom with long range thermals. The trade off is needing a large objective lens 50-75mm range and a minimal of 5-6x native zoom. The clarity for long range is awesome the issue is when a moving target gets within 150yds or less it becomes very difficult to locate. Next, unless purchasing a top end model you are gonna have to run the focal lens a lot to get clarity and heat signature at the farthest ranges. (Top end models have auto focus on moving heat signatures).
The last issue is cost, the cost of the large lens, 5+ native zoom is upwards 5k.
I own a no longer made model and it's worth every dime I spent. I ran it for two years and now use as back up for first time shooters a). So they have absolute clarity on what they are shooting b). Follow up shots on running hogs/coyotes for newbies is near impossible with this scope which I prefer.

Looking to stay around 4k or less 2 to 3k would be better ..never owned a thermal...checked my buddies nvision out and am now in the market...