The problem with cleaning brass

jpfrog

Well, to be specific- the problem with cleaning brass at midnight...is that I now have all of this shiny brass just waiting to be sized, primed, charged, and seated with a bullet. It's midnight, and I should go to bed. I know that the brass will call to me all night long, though...desperately wanting to be finished. It's never really happy until it has a primer, powder, and bullet and is sitting in a nicely organized ammo box. Of course, when it gets to that point, my rifles will start calling me and wanting to go to the range...o_O

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Last edited:
I go through (the dreaded DT's) every time I get home from the range. It is so bad that I find myself picking up discarded brass just so I will have if not a full tumbler close to it. I just cannot get home and put things away, I must start the process now, not after lunch but now.
So, I hear you and I also have a similar problem ;)

Haha I do most of my prep in the winter, but I feel it's going to be bad year. I've already spent more time at the range in the snow than I did all of last year. I'm lucky in that I also lead cast and do that often in the winter as well to pass the time. I'd like to get 2k 9mm and 357/38 bullets cast up and powder coated so I have a healthy supply. The wife wants to start training hard with a 9mm in the summer. I have a nice 90gr ball 380 mold that when coated they are .356, and then move on to the 135gr HP I cast. Might even convince her to get a double stack 9 that will fit her hand.

I've gotten up at night many times because I can't shut down knowing I have brass to process though. I feel your pain.

SHM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.