• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED the atkinson & marquart rifle co

olefish

My brother is a disabled Vietnam vet and is looking to know what some of his guns are valued at. the atkinson & marquart rifle co he has is identified by it is inscribed on the top of the barrel just past the end of the scope. It is so finely written it is hard to see. Also the caliber is in the same way, 7 mmm Rem mag. It has a 3x9 Leupold scope with Redfield rings and bases. Any idea what he should try to sell it for?

The A&M rifle company was active in Arizona in the 1960's. Paul Marquart passed some time ago. In any event the rifle should be valued as per any custom rifle.

olefish,

It would be helpful to identify the action since that will determine a lot about the rifle. It appears to be a Mark X but it should be inscribed on the action somewhere.

I would also include the length of the barrel and the possibility of how many shots have been fired through the barrel.

You will need better, sharper pictures to properly sell this rifle. The stock appears to be very nice with the checkering.

Regards.

Canjar trigger but it is not a set trigger. It keeps me from taking the action out because the wide trigger will not go through the guard slot.

on the top of the bolt is stamped P.V and a figure but they are so fine that I cannot tell what it is. It may be a standing lion. Also the is FN stamped on the front of the action. Also it says made in Belgium
I found these markings also but no numbers

leupold 3x9 vari x ii scope

24 inch barrel