Thank you!

dgkypke

Ahoy! My grandfather was a gunsmith, and I as a wee child couldn't appreciate what he did. I grew up in the construction industry, and every year looked forward to deer season. Most of the family at that time went, and we all hung around as dad and grandpa went out, and in ALL the years growing up, neither ever got skunked. Dad had a few rifles, and I got one on loan when I started hunting. Family members passed on, and there are but a few left. Dad moves away and I hint about the deer rifle to "stay" with me. He gives me one I've never used before, a .243 that grandpa built in the mid/late 50's.
Fast forward fifty years... I attend a local gun show with my son, Marine 03/ sniper. We wander about and about the third from last table to look at, I see a "style" that my grandpa could have done. Asking the owner, he says he doesn't know the origin, but they've been crated up for a "long time" from a local gun store/dealer. I took pics, and sent to my father: he verified several from grandpa's garage! Grandpa built a few guns each week for the local retail dealer. Custom stocks were his specialty. I found several rifles, and since they were too "old school" from today's standards, they were all passed over. I ended up with a .308 Norma, a 7mm Mauser, a .338 Win Mag and my .243. I am finding it fun trying to find ammo these days, and the Norma stuff is about extinct... Thanks for the add, and I hope to learn from all these great peeps here! Is there a Norma following in here? Thank you, David

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.