Tents.

kc

What make of tent do you use when you pack in? I bought a CABELAS ALASKAN back in 78 and its been the best one I ever owned, till my brothers little girl who was 2 at the time fell through the screen, I need to buy another, this time the kids and dogs will stay away.
I have woke up with 2 ft of snow on the top and sides, its been in high winds roled through the campground. and I just cant seem to let go.

I use a MSR Hubba Hubba for my backpack hunting. It is light and sets up very quickly. I never had it in heavy snow, so I don't know how it holds up to that.

If I had an endless supply of money, I'd definitely buy a Hilleberg.

I have the Cabelas Alaskan for over 10 years and when I need a new one will go back there. Several of my friends have changed when there tents didn't hold up and mine did. I know what you mean about snow and rain just one good tent.

For a base camp I have a Eena Wall Tent 12X16 that I have used for 30 years. Bear tore one end out of it but other than that it has never failed.

Also have a 14X14 Eena "TT" Tent which is perfect for two when horseback and moving around. Both are good 4 season tents.

Beckel Canvas. Link is below.

Tents | Beckel Canvas Products

I use a Cabelas Alaskan Guide series 6 man when hunting from a base camp and a Kelty Grand Mesa 4 person for Backpack hunting both have been great the cabelas 6 Man will sleep 2 on cots and one on floor. The Kelty sleeps three on floor for Elk hunting and tent only weights 7.5 lbs

I have a Eureka Apex XT 2 person, which means 1. They now have a 3 person which means 2 as far as I am concerned.

It is a 3 season tent, not a 4 season.

My wife and I spend a little over three weeks during moose season in an 8 man Cabela's Alaskan Guide tent. It is usually just the 2 of us but we have taken others with us, nephew, son, daughter and a friend or 2 over the years but normally just the 2 of us. It has held up to wind, rain and snow. It is not a backpacking tent but our trail run is around 80 miles and we're not backpacking 80 miles for a moose.

Gus

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.