• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Taylor's Sharps 45/70

bigsteve

Taylor's Sharps 45/70 ***Trade Pending***

Well I am trying to get my collection of firearms to the point where I have the guns I can justify owning and nothing extra. I have had this Taylor's 1874 Sharps 45/70 for a couple of years, and have ran 25 rounds through it. I'm sure the rifle has a couple of handling marks on it from transportation and shooting but there are no obvious marks that I can find. I don't really need any particular gun and I'm not hurting for cash, but I'd rather trade or sell the gun to someone that would shoot it than leave it sitting in my safe. Here is a link to the website of the manufacturer (rifle on top, 138A) 1874 Sharps Collection - Taylor's & Co., Inc. if anyone is seriously interested I will post pictures of the actual rifle.

I am most interested in a quality laser range finder, quality ammo, parts to finish the projects I have in the works (AICS mags, AR-15 parts, scope level, etc) or reloading equipment specifically match .308 dies, .223 dies, .243 dies, a progressive press, 178 Amax bullets. I am also open to firearm trades but it would have to be something i could justify owning as I'm trying to lessen the amount of guns I own and keep only the ones I will use (scoped hunting rifles for large game, Commander length 1911, etc.). I'm sure I would be interested in other things as well, make me an offer.

Thanks for your consideration,
Steve

I would rather not sell this rifle outright yet but I figure its worth somewhere between $800-$900 in trade value.

I would happily trade for a Leica 1200 crf +$, or a Hornady Lock n Load ap or Dillon 650 +$, maybe throw in an AICS 308 mag, or a Magpul AFG...

Last edited:
I've dreamed of owning one all my life but other things came first. Raising a family, as a police I never seemed to have enough to pay for one. And now being retired I still don't see one in my future. I have watched the movie Quigley Down Under more than I could remember. I really dont know what i have that would interest you. The only things I have thaat I never use anymore are my S&W K-22 and K-48 right now I have EER Pistol scopes on and the mounts are no drill. That's about it. Good Luck with your sale. lou

Does anyone know if this will shoot 45-70+P loads that I have left over from my Marlin 1895? There should be sufficient weight to offset some of the additional thump. The question is will there be too much thump in the +P load. gun)

Re: Taylor's Sharps 45/70 ***Trade Pending***

Thank you for the interest and the kind words.

Steve