Target Stand?

dwm

So besides the fact that if the pipe is hit it will shatter, what do you think? I have not glued the joints together. I am thinking about pinning them instead of gluing.

12 x 12 AR500 plate ...

Target%20Stand.jpg

Nice design. I made one very similar and I don't care if the PVC gets blown away. It's cheap and easy to replace and the light weight easily carried stand just adds to the convenience. Just make sure you glue to pieces that you need to slip off when the shooting is done (take that from experience :))

dwm, looks great. I've learned to keep the poor shooters away from it. My son's inlaw filled one of mine with holes days after I built it. I now make him bring his own.

The stand may actually last a while, that's to be determined. The problem is gonna be is if those are plastic hooks on the bungees. I see those as the first to go, and quickly. Obviously all is gonna be subject to the number of rounds and caliber/cartridge. I would say many-many shots from my pistols, AR, and maybe up to .308. However one shot from my .408 (maybe one of my .338s) could potentially be catastrophic.

Let's just say the cross piece will be the first to go. A couple of 165Matrix and the cross piece is splattered bad with jacket material ... enough that there's actually holes in the plastic ...

Let's just say the cross piece will be the first to go. A couple of 165Matrix and the cross piece is splattered bad with jacket material ... enough that there's actually holes in the plastic ...

You could but a couple pieces of rebar in the cross piece. Might give it a bit more weight too. Not a bad thing, I guess.

Simple. Cheap. Tough.

Sorry about the back ground.....I am at work and this was the only place I could find to pound them into the ground.

Tod

Attachments

• 20160404_122039.jpg
    20160404_122039.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20160404_122120.jpg
    20160404_122120.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 77
I'm pretty cheap.

Uprights are 2x4 into instant sawhorse clamps from Lowes. Cross piece is a piece of 3/4 pipe. Anything get too shot up, 5 minute replacement.

Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.