TAC Elite question

rcurls

I just bought a TAC Elite and had a question about it. I have noticed that when I start shooting after the bow has sat overnight, my first two or three shots will be to the left of the bullseye. After I have shot a few arrows, the point of impact always shifts to the right of the bullseye by about the same distance that it is on the left side. It does this every time I start shooting after the bow has been sitting. Is the lateral shift in the point of impact due to string/cable stretch, or some other factor? The point of impact from left to right is about 2 inches at 30 yards. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this? Thanks to all!

I'm having similar problems. I have a post titled pros and cons you can read. I'm starting to think it's the string stretching. This bow is pretty touchy. I might just be expecting a little to much from the bow. One thing I have found out this year is you should practice like you hunt. With this bow, going from a caldwell tripod to a shooting sticks tripod changed the point of impact two inches at twenty yards and six inches at sixty yard. It's crazy. Mine is still a work in progress. Keep us posted.

Thank you for your response! I am going to try an approach that so far is working. I am cocking the bow, and just leaving it in the cocked position for an hour before I start shooting. I think this is pre-stretching the string/cables. Tried it yesterday and did not get the typical group to the left. Going to try it again today and see what happens, but it looks promising.

Tried cocking the bow and leaving it for about an hour. Just like yesterday, right on the money! Think I found the cure. Hope this helps all who are dealing with the lateral movement of their groups.

I just bought a TAC Elite and had a question about it. I have noticed that when I start shooting after the bow has sat overnight, my first two or three shots will be to the left of the bullseye. After I have shot a few arrows, the point of impact always shifts to the right of the bullseye by about the same distance that it is on the left side. It does this every time I start shooting after the bow has been sitting. Is the lateral shift in the point of impact due to string/cable stretch, or some other factor? The point of impact from left to right is about 2 inches at 30 yards. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this? Thanks to all!

I have not noticed this with the Tac15i.
I recently had some kind of string failure and the string dampers slipped out and started touching the cams on both sides.
This made arrow flight erratic.
I had purchased a string-replacement kit from LRH shortly after buying the crossbow, so I replaced it, and now it's shooting about 1/2" groups at 30 yards again.

I did have to "shoot the string in" about a dozen times before it settled down.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.