Swarovski Z8i 3.5-28x50

the blur

I'm looking at the Swarovski Z8i 3.5-28 x50. Is 28x zoom really necessary ? What benefit is having 28x zoom for hunting ?
Most of my shots are completely zoomed out... can't imagine finding a little animal without a solid rest while zooming in 28x magnification.

Is it really worth it for hunting ?

I'm looking at the Swarovski Z8i 3.5-28 x50. Is 28x zoom really necessary ? What benefit is having 28x zoom for hunting ?
Most of my shots are completely zoomed out... can't imagine finding a little animal without a solid rest while zooming in 28x magnification.

Is it really worth it for hunting ?

For 3k. It is def not worth it. I understabd its swarovski. But i would rather have a scope that ik will take a beating and have the same glass quality / more reliable tracking, ala TT or sco or SB.

Ive been hunting with my zco 5-27. I will say its awesome to be sble to use it as a semi low end mag spotting scope snd you can truly see amazing detail. But it is frustrating when you wanna shoot, see trace, and spot your shot and track game after pulling the trigger when on higher mag. Most of our shots are 100-300 yards at goats that range from 60-100ish lbs.

My first year i started with a pst gen2 because i thought i needed the mag. as i got begter gear i now use the zco and what i found this year is i dont need the mag IF i have the optical quality. Now i routinely find myself at 8-12 power max and i can see everything i need to. I would fee confident shooting our smaller goats at 400 plus with no more than 10 power with good glass.

Long story short, i now wish i had a lower end mag optic with the same quality. Which is why im really eyeing out the new TT hunter model 3-15. The FOV is rediculous at 3 compared to rhe zco 5 (only comparing for hunting reasonings).

Hope that helps.

I have quite a few Z6is to 25X and love the 25X on blind hunting rifles. I can pick out a single hair and bang/flop. It spoils you. Shooting 10X at even 100-150 yards seems odd now. Amazing we killed anything with the old 4x fixed. :)

I'm loving mine. Great for long range shooting, and the glass is great.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.