Swaro Z5 elevation knob question

brinker19

I've got a Z5 3.5-18x44 with a capped elevation knob hanging out in my safe. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket "ballistic turret" option to turn this into a scope I could use to dial for elevation?

I know I could send it in to Swaro to put their color-coded system on it, but I just want a simple MOA knob. I don't need yardage or anything but MOA marks. It doesn't look like Kenton has anything. Does anyone know of any other options?

I believe Outdoorsmans will cut a MOA turret for the Z5. But you still have to have a BT scope to be able to use it.

Check with Swarovski as I think they can install ballistic turret in either MOA or yards. Check out their web site where you order the BT from as I think you have to elect the type of BT you want.

I'm a real fan of swaro optics (binos, scopes & spotters). I've owned and continue to use multiple Z3, Z5 and Z6 scopes. None of them have had the repeatable adjustments necessary for turret twisting. The Z5s are probably my favorite set and forget scopes....but I would never rely on them for turret twisting. Perhaps I've simply been unlucky....

I'm a real fan of swaro optics (binos, scopes & spotters). I've owned and continue to use multiple Z3, Z5 and Z6 scopes. None of them have had the repeatable adjustments necessary for turret twisting. The Z5s are probably my favorite set and forget scopes....but I would never rely on them for turret twisting. Perhaps I've simply been unlucky....

Thanks- this is the kind of information I'm looking for!

I agree, if you want a Swarovski and want to dial, the X5 is the only way to go imo.

I agree. I had four z5's. The one with the ballistic turret went back for a new erector twice. That's too much money for a poor quality scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts