• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Surefire Socom 2's In stock 556 and 762. Black and FDE.

The question has been asked "What is the best suppressor?". What are your thoughts? Do we need to buy one for each caliber( 300 RUM to 223)? What is the best one for a 22lr? If you have your paper work done how long is it taking? Is there a best time to buy? How long do they last? Please include prices with your picks. Thanks.

That is a very tough question to answer.
First what is the best suppressor? Depends on your host weapon, and your intended use for that weapon.
For precision use i prefer SAS and TBAC. Dead Air and Rugged are also very capable i the precision field.
For my long range riffles is use different suppressors, then my precision AR's or my SBR's as well.
They do make some good multi-use suppressors. You can use one suppressor for every thing. This is also like using a crescent wrench. You can do a lot with it, but it is not great at any thing.

For AR's the SAS Resistor is hand's down the best for precision ar's. It was build to limit blow back.
For 22 Cans i personally have 6.
SAS, TBAC, SilencerCo Griffin, SF and AAC. these are all good brands but again i use them on different weapons.

Here is a little thing i put together for paperwork and times.

The Class III process out of state.
#1. Pick Suppressor
#2. I need your in state dealer to email me their FFL/SOT
#3. I need your contact information for your dealer to contact you.
#4. Payment needs to be made.
#5. Form 3 is sent to ATF. (Dealer to Dealer transfer) 60-90 days.
#6. Form 4 will be done. This is done by your instate dealer, once the suppressor is in their possession.
#7 4-6 months on form 4's to be approved by ATF.
#8 SHOOT when you get it, and smile a lot.

Feel free to ring me at 816-718-9489 i can hone on your questions based off what your needs are.

Recent Posts