stxhunter -- South Texas Rain 2007

it started to die out right before it reached us we got maybe a half inch maybe we'll have better luck today. got to head of to work now havent had a day off going on three weeks now

i started building my dad a new blind to hunt out of i should be nice and comfortable for him its going on a 15 ft towerjust got to figer out how to stand it up its not lite i framed it with 2x4s and its insulated and hopefully bug proof still got to finish the roof and paint it
derrblind002.jpg
derrblind001.jpg

That's a Hotel blind if I ever saw one! Dad should be comfy.. We go hammered again a couple of days ago. Lot's of intense rain. Crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You might need a tractor with a bucket/truck combo to pull that one up. Using the tractor to lift it up with the bucket and the truck to pull it the rest of the way up.

I'm building a new blind myself. I take some pic's and post them later. Angle Iron fram with 1/32" plastics from Reagal Plastics here in town. Material made to stand up to the sun.. Should be a lite one. It's going to be two story blind. 1st section for rainy foul weather days and the top section for a higher elevation/observation platform. It's going on an 8'base Iron base...

looks great but it looks like a lot of work . your dad will be really happy. i bought 12 new atascosa blinds this past year. as cheap as they are. i don't think i will ever build another blind. they have a 20 year warranty and it works. i had a guy come down from dallas to fix a leaky window /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif how much do you have in that one. i built one two years ago that was 6x6x8 with sliding windows and bow windows. man it's hard to find any windows for deer blinds. i used my tractors front end loader to get the blind started up and a truck with a long tow strap rapped around the blind to pull it up. i also had a rope tied to the other side to keep it from going all the way over. good luck that real high. don't forget to tie it down. a friend was in a blind that was 15 feet last year and the ties broke and it fell he broke his back in three places. i went with 4 and 8 feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i got about 250 in it now had most of the lumber laying around from other stuff ive built. Still got to buy the steel for the tower and weld it together i guess you could count the 400 i spent on a used welder and cutting torch the other day but i was going to buy it anyways.Jeff me and my buddy davy i fish with found a 45ft hatteres for 60,000 bucks my other fishing buddy that owns the donzi is going with us to test run it sat if every thing looks good hes going to buy it so me and davy can run charters with it out to the 100 mile floating riggs for tuna and billfish will let you know if it works out. by the way i got the windows home depot 19 bucks apeice

Just a thought on the deer blind about the windows. Do you think the visibility will be good from a small window like that? Seems to me that you will have to move around alot to see out of the windows? That's a really nice blind "Cadilac Style" if you ask me, but I would recomend that the windows be wider to give more view from one spot in the blind. Just my experience. It's not my blind & I'm not going to be hunting it, but just giving you my point of view.

good point i think they will be okay but a little bigger sure wouldnt hurt anything.Looks like we got another 4-5 inchs of rain in the last couple of days with more coming. I can't belive all the rain we've had since sept. at least 30 inchs the first two years we owned the ranch we had a total of 1 and1/2 inchs

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.