stabilizing the 377 grain .375 ceb

406precision,

From the CEB website description of this bullet:

This MTACTM "MAX" non hollow point bullet was designed for large cartridge .375 rifles like the .375 CheyTac. COAL will be the brass length trimmed to trim length + 1.503" bullet projection for recommended starting SealTiteTM Band position. A minimum 1-10" barrel twist rate is required with a muzzle velocity of 2800fps or faster.The BC on this bullet is .950. This item is manufactured with a lead-free copper.

As bolded, the bullet requires a muzzle velocity of 2800 FPS or faster... So if you can manage to get the bullet up to that velocity at the muzzle you should be O.K.

Now, if you're concerned about variations in velocity or not being able to push a bullet fast enough then you might be better off using the 350 grain which states a 1:11" twist.

This MTACTM "MAX" non hollow point bullet was designed for large cartridge .375 rifles like the .375 CheyTac. COAL will be the brass length trimmed to trim length + 1.402" bullet projection for recommended starting SealTiteTM Band position. A minimum 1-11" barrel twist rate is required with a muzzle velocity of 2900fps or faster. The BC on this bullet is .890. This item is manufactured with a lead-free copper.

I am only listing the MTAC bullets as they are the ones with the matching weights. If you're trying to discuss others, state the bullet type.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply I have scoured ceb website and was hoping someone was running the same bullets discussed.
my load work will be done at 35 to 40 degrees so I'm not worriedabout losing speed due to Temps as much as I am.the minimum twist barrel recommended being able to successfully stabilize the 377. If I can't run them 3000 plus I'll just run the 350 of my rifle likes them.

Jordan@406

406precision,

I haven't shot any of these since my long range .375 is on the back burning until after SHOT Show. I need to have a discussion with CEB about getting some more information about their bullets. I also need to talk with a few other makers as well. My front burners are full with client work right now which is looking like it is stretching out towards the end of the next year. Time is tight but I should have something ready by the time the benchrest season opens.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.