Spilled Powder

As an aviation mechanic often times a shop vac is too large so we mostly used air vacuums. They're loud but run off of your air compressor. The housing is a Venturi made of aluminum and dump everything into a cloth bag.Theyre also fairly inexpensive and I don't ever recall any static electricit. Used ones can sometimes be found on eBay or The Yard Store.
I Remember using a similar one such as you described when cleaning around our aircraft munitions handling areas. I've viewed films of terrible catastrophes using the wrong types. I would NEVER use a vacume with an impeller unless it was an "explosion proof" rated vacume. Not worth your life.

I Remember using a similar one such as you described when cleaning around our aircraft munitions handling areas. I've viewed films of terrible catastrophes using the wrong types. I would NEVER use a vacume with an impeller unless it was an "explosion proof" rated vacume. Not worth your life.
That's where I saw them first used. Whenever the sheetmetal guys wold come out to the flightline and drill out a stuck screw or what ever they used a compressed air venturi vac, like those in the links I provided.

What do you think about the intermediate can with water inside? Logic dictates to me it would work.

Vacuum's - never - static, heat, dust explosions, possible live primers mixed with powder, possible mix powder & volatile debris, pressurized combusion with increased oxygen supply.

Wouldn't think that's an issue since your using a vacume. Too much contamination to reuse.
If you had one of those aerospace compressed air venturi vacs, and that is all you used it for you could. If just cleaning your bench or loader, then yeah prob not worth the hassle but if you dump a full 1 pounder or 8 pounder, yep I am gunna try to use a clean bag and salvage what I can.

If you had one of those aerospace compressed air venturi vacs, and that is all you used it for you could. If just cleaning your bench or loader, then yeah prob not worth the hassle but if you dump a full 1 pounder or 8 pounder, yep I am gunna try to use a clean bag and salvage what I can.
Oh crap. If I spilled a 1or 8 lb I would jump off the cliff. I would lick it up if that would help. This stuff is like gold. Don't get me started on costs of primers. HA! Stay safe and have fun.

As long as the powder would get wet on extraction, Why not. But I would be concerned about the powder/dust clumping after getting wet and clogging the whole thing up. Hmmm..
Nothing except air get through the water. You do need to periodically change the water. I dump it after every use, or it gets funky