South East Wyoming for Trophy Mule Deer?

dgp5014

I'm scheduling a trip in Southeast Wyoming for trophy mulies and was wondering if this is a good area. I have no experience hunting in this area (near Wheatland). My outfitter seemed to think this was a great area for getting big deer. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences in this area??

I'm not really familiar with the SE side of Wyoming for hunting deer but here is a link to one of the big buck contests shows the area where the deer came from might give you a idea of deer sizes. deer from certain areas

Monster Bucks Contest Standings

I have guided several hunters in the Wheatland area in the past. The last two clients I had there were from Ca. and they both ended up taking very nice deer(165" and 170") in the sybille canyon area. Depending on weither or not you have a region tag, you may be hunting to the east near Guernsey. Mountains aren't as big, but the deer certainly are! Just have some faith in your guide, and enjoy your time in Wyoming!! El Reno huh? Government Employee By Chance? lol

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.