Some Piece of equipment you feel is overly hyped

Only took 8 pages for the Hammer and Sherman cult to show up 😂😂😂
Cult or just people that got what they expected. I have many different cartridges and bullets that work great that are not those. But to say something is overhyped when it does what it advertises how is that overhyped? I'm talking more on Sherman cause bullets weird things happen and can't be measured but Sherman's speed can. I have one and it does exactly what it says it does.

When I think overhyped I think 6.5 creedmore. Over selling what a perfectly good round can do. Elk at a mile same at 1k as a 300 win mag. Nope. That's overhype unless they have changed the definition. If not it's more hate than over hype.

I shoot Hammers. I'm not a "hater", but they aren't as perfect as claimed on this forum. Even their main "test expert guy" has admitted to me in PM's that they have issues and hopefully the new tipped line resolves them.

Shermans. Nope, I won't ever fall for that snake oil.
Agree all bullets have some issues.

So what's wrong with those rifles?

All of them are 1/2" or better shooting rifles with Bergers and a couple of them actually shoot (gasp) Accubond LR bullets well.
It ain't the rifles that are the problem.

IMG_0010.jpeg
IMG_1129.jpeg
IMG_3545.png
IMG_3118.jpeg

Last edited:
How many Oehler chronographs are still running full steam ahead? I know where 2 paper disc rotary Chronographs are still set up and being used, and those are relics and pressure guns from WW2 built on Mauser 98 and Various universal receivers.

Technology advances...

They were at the top for a decade or so. That's not too bad, IMHO. I am not tossing my LabRadar just yet. Newer and better technology will be available by the time it is time for me to upgrade. 🤣
Same here. The Garmin is appealing but I'll let the sheep test them out for a year or so before I pick one up.

The LR still offers a lot of useful info that can be tagged to each shot string that isn't available on the Garmin. The Garmin would likely ride second string to the LR for just quick trips to the range to verify velocity and zero. The LR will still be used for serious load dev work.

Not sure if it qualifies, because I don't have any but what about the HECS line of apparel? I watched a couple minutes of the shows where the hunter wearing HECS can just about sneak up and slap the game on the butt. Turkey, deer, elk, coyotes, everything has a blindfold on when you wear it. It could work, but I think the real giveaway is scent. You could be invisible, and if the game gets a whiff of human scent, he's gone.

Not sure if it qualifies, because I don't have any but what about the HECS line of apparel? I watched a couple minutes of the shows where the hunter wearing HECS can just about sneak up and slap the game on the butt. Turkey, deer, elk, coyotes, everything has a blindfold on when you wear it. It could work, but I think the real giveaway is scent. You could be invisible, and if the game gets a whiff of human scent, he's gone.
I have stood next to a tree & had deer come in as close I could slap them in the face. They surely smelled me once they were beside me. They were looking & getting a little anxious. But they never took off in a quick manner. I stayed motionless. I have done this numerous times. And I am a cigarette smoker of 40 years. I was wearing black pants with a grey hooded sweatshirt. Nothing on my face. I'm not saying the camo & scent blockers are not needed. Or don't help. But in my situations I didn't need them. I was never one to sweat a lot to begin with. Which I believe is the game changer.

:rolleyes: Reading comprehension?

All of them are 1/2" or better shooting rifles with Bergers and a couple of them actually shoot (gasp) Accubond LR bullets well.
It ain't the rifles that are the problem. Shocking for Hammer supporters to believe I know.

not that I have to justify anything to you but…..View attachment 514257View attachment 514266View attachment 514289View attachment 514290
Thought you might recognize a sarcastic remark. Not all rifles love all bullets. Though your graphics are well done. No offense was intended.

I wonder myself about it, not going to spend my money on it.

We are a working farm cattle horses grain corn, equipment people, noise scent ...Broadway and Main with no traffic lights some days...have had more deer at the feed trough than feeders and only realised it when I was dumping a bucket of oats, so that we could get get everyone away from the gate...we needed to load bale rings without feeders under the tractor or running for the open gate.

Deer could of cared less who I was, dump the pail!!!! Have even walked thru the Corrals right by them more than once, if your scent is there regular, then no big deal, if it's new area that you are in....proof they gone in a blink...