Some More changes to 300-WSM Project

wildcat

Well, I've decide to make some more changes to the project. I was originally going with a Lawton 7500 Action, however, I then decided to go with the Nesika Model L Action. Well, I've decided to go with a different action, because I want to go with a larger barrel diameter, and I want the rifle to be a little heavier. Here are the updated specs;

1. 300-WSM Match Chamber for Norma Brass, .337 Tight Neck.

2. BAT 8.5 Model M, 1.55 Dia. Action with Diamond Fluted Bolt.

3. Krieger 30", 1-15 twist, 1.500 all the way to muzzle, throated for the 125grn Nosler Ballistic Tip.

4. McMillan Tooley MBR Stock, 7 pounds added to rear, removable front stud for bi-pod use, 80% Black, 10%White, 10% Grey.

5. Jewel 2oz trigger.

6. Vias Muzzle Brake.

7. BAT Trigger Guard.

8. Davidson Scope Base with 20MOA.

9. Kelby 30mm Rings.

10. Nightforce 8x32x56mm NXS with MLR reticle.

11. Rifle weight 33 pounds.

Most of you have already read all of my other posts regarding this project. The project is being designed around the 300-WSM case and the 125grn Nosler Ballistic Tip. This set up will push the 125grn BT at over 4000+fps. This rifle will be used for 100 to 1000 yard varmint hunting.

I am hoping BAT does not take 6 months to complete the action. I ordered the stock about 7 weeks ago, so I should have it in about 12 to 13 more weeks. The barrel has already been ordered, so I should have it in about 10 weeks. I have the Jewel Trigger and Vias muzzle brake. Anyhow, I will keep you guys updated.

Wildcat

Well, I just got off the phone with BAT. There delivery time is over 6 months. I've decided to use the Nesika Model L, 1.470 Dia. Action, their delivery time is 3 months, much better. I will also be going with a 1.450 Straight Cylinder instead of the 1.50 straight cylinder. This should be the last of the changes to the project.

Jake

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts