Solo Campfire

Wag482

For those of you who camp/hunt solo, do you typically build yourself a fire at night? I never have while solo and wondering why I haven't. I guess I was just being lazy and didn't feel like it was necessary. Have a 7 day solo hunt and maybe I'll try it.

If conditions permit I love a fire. It is good company. It's something to keep me occupied on some of the long nights in the later seasons. No matter what the day brought, if I am sleeping by 7 I will be up at 1 so I need to have a reason to stay up and tending a fire and enjoying that real heat is perfect. And then the first night back at the truck, a fire with real coffee and fresh roast beast is one of the finest pleasures in life.

Having a small fire is one of my greatest joys while solo hunting and camping. I have slept in a hammock with a tarp over my head for more than 15 years, and after a long day of hiking I like to warm up a cup of coffee, have a nice dinner, and thank the LORD.

IMG_1647.jpg

You know now that you mention it I never have. And sitting here reading the above comments and thinking about it I wonder why I didn't. I've spent a lot of time hunting alone. Most of it was during archery season, so usually not extremely cold.

Recent Posts