• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ** SOLD** Unusual RCBS 264 Win Mag Dies

silverine

I bought these dies a few weeks ago. The box is the old style cardboard die box circa 1959. the original paperwork from 1959 is inside the box. The box and especially the paperwork is almost like new. The address on one of the papers reads:

R.C.B.S. Gun & Die Shop - P.O. box 729 - Oroville, California
Fred Huntington Oro Dam Blvd., West Phone LEnox 3-5199.

There is also a price list from 1959 and a "special notice" warning that should you return dies for repair without first writing RCBS, you will be charged an additional $1.00.
Here is the unusual part. When I purchased these, I thought I was buying a set of 256 Win mag dies, as the box is factory stamped with "256 Win." Later, I noticed the FL die is factory marked "RCBS 256 Win I" and the Seat die is marked "RCBS 6.5 WIN MG Seat J" I emailed RCBS asking what they were. RCBS replied that since 1959 was the intro year for the cartridge, it is possible that these dies were produced prior to the official adoption the "264 Winchester Magnum" name for the cartridge. The dies appear to be unused, however, after I kyped two or my brother-in-law's 7mm Rem mag cased, I ran them into the FL die and they came out perfectly formed 264 Win Mag, so they have been used that much, at least!

$35.00 plus shipping