Smokeless Muzzleloaders and Modern Carbon Fiber Stocks

WVHick

McMillan seems very hesitant to even entertain the possibility of an Edge fill stock working with a modern 45 cal Smokeless build. I called Manners and they wouldn't give me the go ahead on a new Pro Hunter stock being able to hold up either.

Anyone cracked a modern Manners, McMillan, AG Composites, etc lightweight CF stock with a smokeless build?

I build a 45 cal smokeless last year on a rem 700 with a McMillan Game Scout with Edge fill and it worked but I've only shot it 5 times haha.

I don't know about the Edge, but I ordered a Game Warden in 2019 and have been shooting it for 5yrs without any issues.
I shoot heavy charges of IMR8208XBR and H4895 with 350gr bullets. The Game Warden is rock solid.

Pure Precision (formerly Mesa Precision Arms) builds muzzleloaders with their Altitude, which is made by AG. I've seen some smokepoles with other AG stocks as well.

Yes they do. I have three and had zero issues.
I wonder if they're edge fill or the slightly heavier enhanced edge. McMillan told me I could use enhanced edge since they have a beefed up recoil lug area but they're a 6 month wait and none in their in stock inventory are enhanced.

Call Luke at Arrowhead sports. I believe he is using McMillan and AG . He also might be able to help on wait times.

McMillan seems very hesitant to even entertain the possibility of an Edge fill stock working with a modern 45 cal Smokeless build. I called Manners and they wouldn't give me the go ahead on a new Pro Hunter stock being able to hold up either.

Anyone cracked a modern Manners, McMillan, AG Composites, etc lightweight CF stock with a smokeless build?

I build a 45 cal smokeless last year on a rem 700 with a McMillan Game Scout with Edge fill and it worked but I've only shot it 5 times haha.
No problem on manners with a muzzle loader. All are stocks are guaranteed up to the biggest magnums. Depending on caliber, we might make a few changes to fill at time of order. Not sure if you spoke to one of the newer support staff, but shoot me a pm, I will help walk you thru process. Thank you

Well...................... I just boxed up my McMillian Game Warden and will send it out tomorrow for the second time to be repaired. It chipped at the front of the adjustable cheek rest and they repaired it. The chip broke off again today.
McMillian said they'd look at it and if the manager didn't think it would hold up, they'd send me a new stock.

5-13-24 McMillian Stock chipped again.jpg

Now I did shoot well today, sending a 5 in 1 at 100yds. At my age, this doesn't happen often.

5-13-24.jpg