• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Sling with adjustable tripod shooting loop

hereinaz

LRH Sponsor
Check out what some call the best hunting sling, and comes with adjustable tripod loop. I certainly think it is the best, we fixed all the stuff we didn't like…

There is a Memorial Day Sale on right now to save on the sling and all other products. www.lswild.com

The quick explanation of the tripod loop and a demo shot starts at 1:17 in this video.

My favorite sling is a M-1 / M14 cotton sling I get them from the CMP for less than $15.00 and I shoot highpower with them on my service rifles and put them on all my hunting rifles. It is not necessary to put a bipod on a rifle when you learn how to use a sling properly but learn is the key here. I never shoot off a bench, don't have one on my range and don't carry one when hunting and have never seen one on a military range, I just use my cotton sling for load development and sighting in the rifle. It's not that hard to learn and kind of funny that almost nobody knows or uses the sling properly. Fairly quickly a person can shoot 1 moa with a sling and lots of highpower shooters can shoot well within 1/2 moa and it works for prone and sitting which is good for hunting because often prone is too low and weeds and grass and brush get in the way for prone

My favorite sling is a M-1 / M14 cotton sling I get them from the CMP for less than $15.00 and I shoot highpower with them on my service rifles and put them on all my hunting rifles. It is not necessary to put a bipod on a rifle when you learn how to use a sling properly but learn is the key here.
Good points. Learning how to shoot with a sling is a huge benefit. I use this sling as a hasty sling, and you are right about it cutting the wobble zone.

And, there are all sorts of different ways to run a sling, and preferences. This one hits all mine. There is no way I would run a cotton sling, but if it works for you, that's great.

The biggest reason I prefer the cotton sling to the other type used in highpower, the military sling is the military sling has hooks and keepers and is very slow to adjust and slow to get on your arm and hard to get off your arm where the cotton sling is fast and easy to get on and easy to adjust. the bottom of the cotton sling has a keeper which fights real hard to adjust so I take one side of the sling out of that keeper and this enables it to stay tight on the arm but come off quickly. and as you say if you like the type of sling you showed I'm sure it works well for you. Its just kind of amazing that if you asked 100 shooters here about shooting with a sling 99 of them would not know what you are talking about and they are missing a real good system

The biggest reason I prefer the cotton sling to the other type used in highpower, the military sling is the military sling has hooks and keepers and is very slow to adjust and slow to get on your arm and hard to get off your arm where the cotton sling is fast and easy to get on and easy to adjust. the bottom of the cotton sling has a keeper which fights real hard to adjust so I take one side of the sling out of that keeper and this enables it to stay tight on the arm but come off quickly. and as you say if you like the type of sling you showed I'm sure it works well for you. Its just kind of amazing that if you asked 100 shooters here about shooting with a sling 99 of them would not know what you are talking about and they are missing a real good system
Education is the way to go. It's hard for lots of shooters to get the time and money for it. More and more are taking shooting serious as they get into long range.