Slick Trick Magnums

Korhil78

Just got started into the whole bow hunting thing because I am tired of not drawing tags for elk. For my first bow, I got a PSE Bow Madness 3G set at 70#. I like it a lot and it shoots very well after I got the guys at the PSE store to tune it all up. I picked up some 100 gr Slick Trick magnum broadheads to try out. From all that I have read about them, they should be accurate and do the job on deer and elk. Have any of you tried them?

That is what I use and have not had any issues they fly great in my opinion. That has become my go to broad head for deer and elk. Good luck this year.

I tried them after reading "field point accuracy". After 6 years, still using them and see no reason to try anything else.

I plan to use the Grizz Tricks this fall, but I've used the Razor Tricks with good success. Excellent flight and field point accuracy have made them my main broadhead of choice. :cool:

I prefer fixed blade broadheads for large game. :)

Bowhunter57

I am liking the ST magnums a lot. I have been shooting them to practice since my hunt is coming up in a month. Will see how they perform on elk. This will be my first attempt at an animal with a bow so we will see how it goes.

I've been using them for a few years now with great results, took this doe a couple nights ago

079.jpg

She was on the ground in less than twenty seconds.

I have used the standard 100 grain heads for going on almost 10 years now and they flat out work on elk. They fly straight and are reusable, the blades resharpen easily, and they put game down fast.

My bull this year only took 7 of my steps from shot to where he fell and was down in less than 10 seconds. I am a believer in the 4 blade hole. That bull was the 4th elk with that specific broadhead. It blew right through the bull broadside and landed about 15 yards past where I shot him. The blades were dinged up a bit from rocks but it spun perfectly true!

I highly recommend Tricks!

Scot E.

IMG_0560.jpg

Yeah..they work alright. The 5x5 ran about 20-30 yards and fell over dead. That is the first elk that I have ever shot and the first animal that I have ever even shot at with a bow so I feel kinda spoiled with the slick tricks now!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.