• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SilencerCo Maxim 50 Suppressed Muzzle loader

ddman

SilencerCo Maxim 50

Im just seeing if there is interest in this suppressed muzzle loader I have a smokeless and don't shoot this one anymore.
It has maybe 20 rounds through it. Shoots 1-1.5" @100
Was one of the first 2000 made.
Comes with the maxim carry case, cleaning/ loading rod, loading tube, extra breach plug and wrench.
Nightforce 3-10 / 42 SHV MOAR
No tax stamp needed since it's a muzzle loader.

$1900 for everything
$1000 for gun w/ no scope or rings

possible trade for
mag actions
carbon Barrels in 30cal, 7mm, 6.5mm, 6mm, 25 cal fast twist, 22 cal
reloading supplies, powder and primers
carbon stocks
im open just tell me what you have.

i can send more pictures if interested
926485BE-2790-451F-93A9-E04E11CC4A05.jpeg

What load are u shooting in that thing?? Do u know the barrel twist?
I have a smokeless and the accuracy is as good as any of my centerfires. I bought it to shoot longer distances in Iowa during the late season. The only issue, and it's not that big of a problem, is the stiff stiff recoil. A 325 Pittman over 74gr of 4198 will let u know you're alive. But, I've taken deer at 400yds, which would not have been possible otherwise, so it's worth it.
The thing is I live in Va, and the ground I hunt the majority of the time is not like Iowa.....Any shot over 150yds is rare and most are well under 100yds. So I don't need the range of my smokeless, but it would be hard to go back to black powder or even BH 209. So I use the smokeless and deal with the kick.
All that said, this muzz offers an interesting alternative for closer range hunting.
How much does the gun weigh, without optics? How is the recoil?
And lastly, have u tried at all to develop a load that gets you under 1" at 100??
Thanks for fielding my questions.

What load are u shooting in that thing?? Do u know the barrel twist?
I have a smokeless and the accuracy is as good as any of my centerfires. I bought it to shoot longer distances in Iowa during the late season. The only issue, and it's not that big of a problem, is the stiff stiff recoil. A 325 Pittman over 74gr of 4198 will let u know you're alive. But, I've taken deer at 400yds, which would not have been possible otherwise, so it's worth it.
The thing is I live in Va, and the ground I hunt the majority of the time is not like Iowa.....Any shot over 150yds is rare and most are well under 100yds. So I don't need the range of my smokeless, but it would be hard to go back to black powder or even BH 209. So I use the smokeless and deal with the kick.
All that said, this muzz offers an interesting alternative for closer range hunting.
How much does the gun weigh, without optics? How is the recoil?
And lastly, have u tried at all to develop a load that gets you under 1" at 100??
Thanks for fielding my questions.
Sorry it's late, My job took longer than it should've today. My load is 75gr of Buckhorn 209, 270 gr Federal Muzzleloader Bullet w/B.O.R. Lock System. 1/28 twist is what the barrel says. It weighs 9.5 lbs with the scope on a bathroom scale ( it's zeroed so I don't wanna take the scope off). Recoil is light for a muzzle loader maybe 50-60% of my smokeless shooting a 300gr bullets with 71 or 72 gr of h4198. My wife has shot it, didn't mind the recoil and she's pretty recoil sensitive ( refuses to shoot my smokeless again). Also way less smoke with the can on there. No I haven't shot any other load out of it, that was one that sico recommended and it shot pretty good so I didn't change it. I'm sure you could play with it and get it dialed in better. I got my smokeless the next hunting season after I got this so it's been in the safe mostly unless I had someone who was going hunting with me and didn't have a smoke pole to use.

Got it...I was assuming this one was smokeless....but it all makes sense now.
Do u simply screw on the suppressor? Load it with or w/o it on the rifle?
BH 209 is a nice option for traditional BP guns. One last question...does the breach screw out by hand? I think they call those speed breeches...another nice feature for a muzz.

Got it...I was assuming this one was smokeless....but it all makes sense now.
Do u simply screw on the suppressor? Load it with or w/o it on the rifle?
BH 209 is a nice option for traditional BP guns. One last question...does the breach screw out by hand? I think they call those speed breeches...another nice feature for a muzz.
Yes is has to be muzzle loaded and shoot black powder or black powder substitute to be considered "not a firearm" by the atf and the suppressor is permanently attached to the barrel. That's how silencerco skirted the nfa laws on selling a suppressed gun without having to have a tax stamp. The brass tube near the muzzle of the gun goes into the suppressor and matches up with the barrel when you load or clean it. It does have a speed breach plug ( Accelerator breach plug by traditions for this gun). If I'm not mistaken the newer smokeless ML are not considered a firearm either ( in most states) since it has to be loaded from the muzzle and doesn't take a cartridge.

The st-10 is a fixed 10 power correct? What reticle? Is the 3x12 the ts-12? What reticle in it?