Sightmatk wraith

Okie Whitetail Hunter

Been hunting the last two weekends with my nephews and they run Pulsar thermals. I cant afford one of them but have been looking at the Sightmark wraith. Most of the hogs are in peanut or cotton fields. Anyone have any experience with this sight?

What do you want to know? They are digital night vision with daylight capability. They record. You will need an IR illuminator (comes with one that is pretty good, but you can buy better aftermarket illuminators). Using an illuminator means you will light up things other than just the intended targets. Smoke from your rifle may temporarily block your view (form 0 to 2-3 seconds) depending on the breeze or lack thereof. The Wraith has a goodly amount of magnification (4.5x native) and a narrow FOV which may make hunting moving targets at shorter ranges more difficult but make sniping singles a breeze.

The Wraith comes with a light that is good to 150 yards or so, IIRC. You may want to hold off on the additional expense until you see what it will do with what is included.

Just trying to keep you from spending money you may not need to spend. However, if you are wanting to try stuff out at 300 yards or more, then yeah, spend the $$.

I use the ATN model of the scope. We shoot over bait at 50yds or less. It will work farther but we don't have to. It does white out at the shot (muzzle flash) so running shots are out. We don't have a suppressor yet so that might help.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.