Shooting buddy

Desert Fox

Today, I just found my self a new shooting buddy and I didn't have to look far. Actually she's been there all along . She's none other than my lovely wife. In the twenty three years that we had been together, I probably took her to the range just one time. I remember that she enjoyed it then but somehow I neglected to invite her again until today when out of the blue, she decided to invite herself. We spend almost the whole day at the range and we had a ball. She is a natural shooter and requires very little coaching and very decipline shooter too. Now she is looking forward to go varmint hunting with me. I can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrtulations! Not everyone is as fortunate as us luckey few, and then we tend to get ungrateful and neglect them (preaching at myself here!). Take good care of her and a life time of good can grow from doing fun things together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks RBrowning. I am fortunate indeed. I had to curtail her enthusiasm though. She wanted to try all my heavy guns including my 44 Magnum Desert Eagle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif She also took ownership of two of my favorite Varmint Rifle but on the other hand, She gave me an OK to order one of Dave's Rifle (Viersco). So Dave if you're reading this, I will be contacting you soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

my sweetie shoots with me and like you she has claimed afew of my guns well i figure i taught her how to shoot just glad i didnt teach her anything about gun tradeing the last 2 guns i bought was a colt python 8 inch barrel nichol plated and a browning medalist with all the goodies in exchange i had too give up a taurus stainless 357 and a browning buckmark anyone else wanna trade? lol

My fiancee has already claimed my .243. She drew first blood with it in AL, and now it is hers! That's a small price to pay to get her on the range and in the woods to me.

She does have a sister but I rather not introduce you. She's one of those high maintenance type. That will pretty much put a damper on your shooting hobby. Worst yet, you probably have to hack all your guns just to suppport her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Desert Fox, that is awesome when your best buddy, your best shooting buddy and your wife are all one and the same. I am very fortunate like yourself. My wife and I have just celebrated our 30th anniversary. She travelled across Canada to visit her best friend in Montreal. Her friend's son took her to the shooting range where she ventilated some paper with his S&W 357 mag. She was so proud of it that she brought it all the way back to Alberta and wants to have it framed. Now, she doesn't hunt with me, but she supports my hobby whole hearthedly. She will not have anyone put a knife to a hide other that herself as she figures we're a bunch of butchers. She'll prepare meals for camp, and hell yes, she's even saddled up the horses and hitched the trailer. Never has she complained about my buying a new gun or scope or whatever else I've brought home that I didn't really need. Hats off to her.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts