Shipping to Canada

blygy

Why is it that every time I find a good deal on something it turns out the vendor will not ship to Canada? Does any one know why so many businesses in the USA can't or won't ship to Canada??

Thanks

Why is it that every time I find a good deal on something it turns out the vendor will not ship to Canada? Does any one know why so many businesses in the USA can't or won't ship to Canada??

Thanks
I know what u mean,
Prob has to do with Canada customs and the States ATF regulations.
There are import companies that will handle those transactions for you, they will apply for an import license for your items and timeframe is a month to two months depending on what week u order, however there's a fee for their services.
For firearms the fee usually runs about $200 each, so keep that in mind.

Not sure if that helps, but at the very least I share your frustration.

Paperwork, plain and simple. US wants to make sure that items form there don't end up in wrong hands so changed regulations. A few companies down south weren't aware of changes and some big fines resulted, can't blame companies from down south being a little wary of shipping north of border now. The good news is Brownell's and Sinclairs do enough business that they keep staff on hand and export permits so buying from then is fairly trouble free. For most anything else places like Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminister will handle importing most things for you as they are setup for it.

Anything that could be dual use (commercial and military) falls under gov regulations and requires extra approval. This is covered in EAR export administration regulations. Military specific items are covered under ITAR regulations which requires even more approval. International Traffic of Arms Regulations. Both carry possible fines and jail time for violating, so many companies choose just to not ship out of the country instead of learning the complicated ins and outs of the laws.

Last edited:
Paperwork, plain and simple. US wants to make sure that items form there don't end up in wrong hands so changed regulations. A few companies down south weren't aware of changes and some big fines resulted, can't blame companies from down south being a little wary of shipping north of border now. The good news is Brownell's and Sinclairs do enough business that they keep staff on hand and export permits so buying from then is fairly trouble free. For most anything else places like Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminister will handle importing most things for you as they are setup for it.
This is spot on. Some companies in the States, including Hammer Bullets, Numerich, those above etc have gone to the effort and expense to be able to export. New amendmants to ITAR passed by Trump have made it considerably easier but it still takes work on their part. There are few if any restrictions from the Canadian side, it is all about U.S. export rules. Export for many U.S. firms is such a small market they won't bother and I don't blame them.

Given Canada has stricter regs than The U.S, The reason companies won't ship to Canada can't be that they want to make sure items don't fall into the wrong hands. The vast majority of companies in North America are concerned with that regardless of where they are shipping, and laws exist to prevent that so there's gotta be much more to the reasoning.
Ammunition and firearms can only be sold online in Canada if the purchaser has and provides proof of a valid P.A.L and signs for the items when delivered.
Must be matching shipping and billing address with the address appearing on the form of payment.
Restricted Firearms are point of sale, however the retailer must submit an application to the CFO so they can verify the purchaser. If the application is successful the CFO notifies the seller whom then notifies the purchaser that they may come back and pick up the item.
Now, the transfer process can take from a week up to a month, and for first time restricted purchases the buyer also needs to apply for an ATT which stands for Authorization to Transport. That allows the individual to take the firearm home, to the shop, licensed range, or to get it appraised by a verified appraiser. The Time frame to receive your ATT is about the same as ownership transfers. I've seen wait times of 45 days from purchase to pick up.

Firearm regulations used to be governed by the RCMP but the powers that be decided it makes more sense to have those who have zero firearms knowledge make the regs.

Our Prime Minster is, how do I say this politely....Ummmmmm, Oh I got it,
He's a complete waste of space and the most duplicitous, deceitful, misleading, frustrating so called leader Canada has ever had.
The simple fact that he publicly stated he would never take firearms away from hunters, trappers, or sport shooters and then did exactly that says enough.

Secondly he took advantage of the lock down, issued an Order in Council that
Deemed 1500 rifles and AR variants illegal.
No choice, no debate, no nothing.

(The criminal code of Canada states an OIC may not be used to prohibit firearms but he did it anyway bc parliament was shut down due to covid)

He fire-hosed B.S down the throats of Canadians, and every single ignorant uninformed citizen sadly ate it up.

He pounded media outlets with a video of the military operating a belt fed machine gun and provided video of his press conference where he said that Canadian citizens don't need machine guns and no one needs an AR or "assault rifle" (which is what he believes A.R stands for to take down a deer.

First off, the weapon system he showed and commented on isn't and can't be legally owned by Canadian citizens and is already prohibited.
Secondly, it's illegal to hunt with an AR or any restricted weapon in Canada and on top of that, we have mag cap laws. Shotgun =3
Rifle = 5

It's smoke and mirrors and nothing is happening to prevent it.

Next, he is targeting semi auto rifles and shotguns, plus all handguns.

He also prohibited all 10ga and any shotgun with a removable choke tube bc (and get this ) a criminal could remove the choke tube and make it more dangerous!
Don't laugh too hard, this is actually real!

The only thing these bs laws accomplish is ruining the lives of, and punishing law abiding citizens, hunters, trappers, sport shooters, and competitors (I'm sure I missed a category)
Disarming law abiding citizens only makes it easier for criminals. It makes me feel sick.

Im going to end this now, It's not the right time place or thread and I do apologize to the OP, P, and members for veering off topic.

TrialbyFireforme, no, what happened is some scopes with "mildot-rangefinding-holdover' style reticules where being shipped to "somewhere" and then showing up on battlefields in overseas war zones. This and items like this is what brought about changes in US export sales.
Yes, justin treudope is an idiot.

TrialbyFireforme, no, what happened is some scopes with "mildot-rangefinding-holdover' style reticules where being shipped to "somewhere" and then showing up on battlefields in overseas war zones. This and items like this is what brought about changes in US export sales.
Yes, justin treudope is an idiot.
Back40sniper,
Lmao TruDope, that's a good one lol
As for US export sales,
I didn't know that was happening/happened.
Thx for letting me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.