She may be old but she still has what it takes.

RT2506

Took the old Knight T-Bolt Magnum to the deer stand again yesterday afternoon at 3:30. After letting things settle down for about 30 minutes I used my CAN doe in heat caller with 4 bleats followed by a buck tending grunt. Waited 30 minutes and hit the CAN again without the grunt. Waited another 30 minutes and hit the CAN 6 times moving it from my right to my left. From about 4 p.m. onward the dead calm became a gust of 15 mph or so wind switching and making leaves fall like rain about every 15 or so minutes then dead calm again. I was thinking that this might keep anything from moving much. WRONG! When I hit the CAN at 4:30 a gust had just subsided and it was dead calm. There had been squirrels making noise behind and to my hard left all afternoon. I knew that any buck would probably come in from down wind which was straight behind me at this time as the wind was in my face. I heard something in the leaves straight behind me. I slowly turned and coming off the ridge behind me was a buck. This was going to be a test for my new found "Pay me no mind" sent cover a wildlife biologist told my cousin how to make and he swears by it. Let me tell you IT WORKS. The buck was searching for that hot doe he heard. Nose in the air and to the ground with the wind dead to him and he "Paid me no mind". The Buck hit the little trail behind me and thankfully moved from my right to left so I did not have to shoot left handed. When he went behind two big trees I got the old T-Bolt up to my shoulder. When he came into the open I got the cross hairs on his shoulder and squeezed the trigger BOOM when the 80 grs FFG 777 lit by a Winchester 209 primer sending the Hornady 45 cal. 250 gr XTP on it's way. The buck dropped in his tracks raised his dead twice and kicked his back legs once and was done. He was about 150 lb on the hoof and had 9 inch long beams with a trying to make two points on each end rack. He's not a trophy but he will be good eating. That 250 XTP is just plane wicked on deer. This old T-Bolt with the mentioned load is very accurate also. Oh! the "pay you no mind" is simply a 50/50 mix of vanilla extract and water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray your boots and clothing. My cousin has had coyotes even come right up to him down wind and "pay him no mind".

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.