• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Set of custom Mauser and Sako rifles

roadhunter

For sale is a set of custom rifles built by an unknown rifle builder who lived in NE Oregon. These are beautiful rifles that were obviously built by a true craftsman. My dad bought them years ago from the second owner who has now past away. Allegedly the Mauser went to Africa at some point and took several animals. Unfortunately I do not have a round counts or load info for either rifle but according to my dad they are both shooters. They come with a custom leather sling that transfers back and forth between the two rifles. $2500 shipped and insured for the pair with optics.

I am willing to separate, $1350 shipped and insured for the Sako, and $1250 shipped and insured for the Mauser. Sling goes with the first rifle sold.

Please feel free to email or PM questions.

Thanks,
Doug
[email protected]

#1 - Sako action, 22-250 caliber, unknown brand barrel, the best I can tell it's a 1-12" twist and measures 21 1/4" from face of action. Leupold Vari-x III, 6.5-20x40mm with Premier reticle.

#2 - Mauser action, 7x57 Mauser caliber, unknown barrel make, the best I can tell its 1-9" twist and measures 22 1/2" from the face of the action. Leupold VX-1 4-12x40mm, duplex reticle.

FullSizeR (49).jpg
FullSizeR (50).jpg
FullSizeR (48).jpg
FullSizeR (47).jpg
FullSizeR (53).jpg
FullSizeR (52).jpg
FullSizeR (54).jpg

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of the tang and the bolt face of the Mauser?

Elkbelter and darreljwick. I will follow up with both of you and see if separating is a possibility.

hitail I will get a pic up of the tang and bolt faces as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Doug

Both rifles still available. I will separate. $1350 shipped and insured for the Sako and $1250 shipped and insured for the Mauser. Sling goes with the first rifle sold. Thanks to all that have that have shown interest.

Doug