• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Semi Custom Savage Model 11 LWH 6.5 CM

coyotezapper

For sale is a slightly used semi custom Savage Model 11 Lightweight Hunter Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I call it semi custom only because the action / receiver has had no Gunsmithing work done to it. Here are the details and components used in the build of this rifle.

• Savage Model 11 LWH short action receiver. This has all of the factory milling done to lighten it up. It is in a matte black.

• Barrel is a 22" Shilen Stainless Steel Select Match S3 contour. Barrel is in the white / polished. Barrel was installed by Shilen Rifles.

• Stock is a Black McMillan Hunters Edge carbon graphite stock. This stock is a blind magazine type stock similar to a Remington ADL. The barreled action has been bedded into the stock using Devcon 10110 steel putty. This stock was ordered directly from McMillan and at the time was a custom build. The original wood stock had a detachable magazine but I was not able to use this system due to not having enough material on the bottom of the McMillan stock. I originally was wanting to set it up as an ADL type magazine but I was having a difficult time in getting parts from Savage. Savage would only sale me parts that corresponded with my model and serial number. I eventually ordered Remington 700 ADL magazine components. While looking for savage blind magazine parts I took apart the original magazine and retro fit it into the magazine well as a temporary fix. This part is a single stack magazine and at first was a little bit of a pain to load and unload rounds but as I broke in the barrel shooting it out in the field it ended up being no problem to use like this so I never installed the other magazine. I state all of this so there are no surprises. This magazine setup can easily be changed by you or a gunsmith with very little effort if you desire to do so. I have since used the ADL magazine parts on another rifle so they are not available with this rifle but can be found at Brownells or Midway.

• Talley one piece LW 1" rings.

Price is $1550 delivered to your FFL.

I also have for this rifle the following reloading components. These components will only be sold separately from rifle, after rifle has sold. Until then the components will only be available to the rifle buyer as an option. Dies and components will only be sold as a package and will not be broken down at this time. $210 for components listed below.

• Redding shellholder

• Hornady OAL case

• Redding Competition Seating Die #55446

• Hornady Custom Grade 2 Die Set #546289

• 100 pieces of new Hornady brass

• 78 pieces of once fired brass.

This rifle was broke in using the last 20 factory rounds that I got with the rifle when I purchased it. After that I loaded 30 rounds of Hornady 140 amax bullets with Hornady's recipe to test rifle in the field. This load averaged around .650" for 3 shots from the bench and performed great in the field. I have loaded some 143 ELD-X bullets with H4350 but have not had the time to test these. So there is under a 100 rounds only fired this barrel.

Questions about rifle can be posted here.

PM me with your email info if you would like pictures of rifle.

Last edited:
For sale is a slightly used semi custom Savage Model 11 Lightweight Hunter Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I call it semi custom only because the action / receiver has had no Gunsmithing work done to it. Here are the details and components used in the build of this rifle.

• Savage Model 11 LWH short action receiver. This has all of the factory milling done to lighten it up. It is in a matte black.

• Barrel is a Shilen Stainless Steel Select Match S3 contour. Barrel is in the white / polished. Barrel was installed by Shilen Rifles.

• Stock is a Black McMillan Hunters Edge carbon graphite stock. This stock is a blind magazine type stock similar to a Remington ADL. The barreled action has been bedded into the stock using Devcon 10110 steel putty. This stock was ordered directly from McMillan and at the time was a custom build. The original wood stock had a detachable magazine but I was not able to use this system due to not having enough material on the bottom of the McMillan stock. I originally was wanting to set it up as an ADL type magazine but I was having a difficult time in getting parts from Savage. Savage would only sale me parts that corresponded with my model and serial number. I eventually ordered Remington 700 ADL magazine components. While looking for savage blind magazine parts I took apart the original magazine and retro fit it into the magazine well as a temporary fix. This part is a single stack magazine and at first was a little bit of a pain to load and unload rounds but as I broke in the barrel shooting it out in the field it ended up being no problem to use like this so I never installed the other magazine. I state all of this so there are no surprises. This magazine setup can easily be changed by you or a gunsmith with very little effort if you desire to do so. I have since used the ADL magazine parts on another rifle so they are not available with this rifle but can be found at Brownells or Midway.

• Talley one piece LW 1" rings.

Price is $1550 delivered to your FFL.

I also have for this rifle the following reloading components. These components will only be sold separately from rifle, after rifle has sold. Until then the components will only be available to the rifle buyer as an option. Dies and components will only be sold as a package and will not be broken down at this time. $210 for components listed below.

• Redding shellholder

• Hornady OAL case

• Redding Competition Seating Die #55446

• Hornady Custom Grade 2 Die Set #546289

• 100 pieces of new Hornady brass

• 78 pieces of once fired brass.

This rifle was broke in using the last 20 factory rounds that I got with the rifle when I purchased it. After that I loaded 30 rounds of Hornady 140 amax bullets with Hornady's recipe to test rifle in the field. This load averaged around .650" for 3 shots from the bench and performed great in the field. I have loaded some 143 ELD-X bullets with H4350 but have not had the time to test these. So there is under a 100 rounds only fired this barrel.

Questions about rifle can be posted here.

PM me with your email info if you would like pictures of rifle.
DSC02679.JPG