• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Seekins Havak, Savage 110 Ultralite, Custom Tikka

Brianc74

I'm interested in finding a used but in very good condition rifle for a Elk hunt this year. I'm interested in a Magnum 7mm or 30 caliber rifle. Must be under 7.5lbs. Interested in a Seekins Havak PH2, Savage 110 Ultralite or a customized Tikka T3 or T3x. I'm looking to spend $1400 or less.

Please PM me with what you have.

Brian

Last edited:
Gearguywb: I had seen those on sale. Would prefer stainless.

Kasey: ya I'm leaning towards the Savage. Thinking a 300 wsm or maybe a 28 Nosler if I can't find a 300 wsm.

Brian

I bought a Savage UL for a business partner of mine and when I sighted it in for him.....he didn't get it back. I shoot an R8 and that Savage shoots as good a group as the Blaser. Absolutely blown away. BTW, it was in 308.

I know 6 people with Seekins Havaks including myself and everyone of them shoots amazing. I have seen 25% off coupons floating around for cheap that expire July 1. Might be worth trying to find one.

Any of the rifles you're looking at will do what you need. I own Savages, have shot a Tikka, no experience with Seekins. The Tikka has a super smooth bolt action , the Savage has the option of changing barrels easily...don't know about the others...buy the one you like, or you'll second guess yourself every time you shoot it....rsbhunter

You mightoik into a tikka t3 lite either 7mm or 300 ! Elk are tough so I lean toward the 300 but have dropped several elk with the 7mm and 7mmstw !
I'm interested in finding a used but in very good condition rifle for a Elk hunt this year. I'm interested in a Magnum 7mm or 30 caliber rifle. Must be under 7.5lbs. Interested in a Seekins Havak PH2, Savage 110 Ultralite or a customized Tikka T3 or T3x. I'm looking to spend $1400 or less.

Please PM me with what you have.

Brian

I'd take that 25% off coupon on the seekins and never look back. I have one and it's been solid all the way around. I also have multiple Tikkas, my favorite T3 is the one the Sportsman warehouse offers that is a stainless fluted version, one of the lighter hunting rifles I own. Any of the 7mm or 300 mags will serve you will for elk. I do agree with what was said above, get what you want, there is no wrong choice among the three.

Decided to go with a Tikka T3 or x.
No LW stocks for a 110 Ultralite Long Action.
Just ordered a Mesa stock. Need the Barreled action now.

Looking for a Tikka T3 or x in 300 wsm now.

Brian