Scope options for coyote hunting under 300m (327 yards)?

Here's a new scope from vortex with 4-16x44 FFF MRAD with christmas tree for a great price point. these are $350 at Optics planet. I've been thinking about one. Would be good for those small pesky varmints at 300.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...-16x44-FFP-riflescope_with_ebr-2c_moa-reticle

I was looking at this scope 2 minutes ago. A friend texted me a link to it and it's 15% off (boxing week special and free shipping). Looks perfect for what i need and it has some great reviews on YouTube

I'm not a real big fan of Vortex scopes but I have three of their Razor HD LH 3-15x42 scopes on different varmint guns and if you are looking for something with really good optics, is very light weight, has side focus parallax adj. and a holdover reticle, I'd take a look at the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 w/HSR-4 reticle.

Any decent coyote cartridge should have a mpbr for your desired range. Why would you want to clutter up your view with a tree for that? A simple bdc like the nikon coyote or the Vortex mentioned would work.

Any decent coyote cartridge should have a mpbr for your desired range. Why would you want to clutter up your view with a tree for that? A simple bdc like the nikon coyote or the Vortex mentioned would work.
I have the illuminated duplex on my VX5HD - I use the mpbr for 90% of my coyote hunting, if they are hung up further out i usually have time to range them and use the cds to dial the correct elevation.

I have hunted coyotes professionally off and on for years. If you do not plan on shooting past 327 yards, the vx3i leupold 3.5-10x40 with the fine, windplex, or standard duplex reticles will serve your purposes well. It is light, decent glass, no need to worry about parallax adjustment and has a good warranty. I would choose the fine duplex over the others, but for the circumstances you have another might be better and this is sometimes subjective. For a maximum of 327 yard predator hunting I would also suggest perhaps a 204, 223, or 22-250, thus you only have to know your drop, which between 5- 327 yards (if sighted in at the proper optimal caliber range) you will only have to raise or lower your reticle slightly before cutting your bullet loose. Of course, if it is your preference to outfit a fine 6.5, then that will certainly work too, and a lot further than 300. If your hunting wolves, the 6.5 would be a more secure anchor.

Good luck on your predator hunting and I hope you enjoy it.

I have hunted coyotes professionally off and on for years. If you do not plan on shooting past 327 yards, the vx3i leupold 3.5-10x40 with the fine, windplex, or standard duplex reticles will serve your purposes well. It is light, decent glass, no need to worry about parallax adjustment and has a good warranty. I would choose the fine duplex over the others, but for the circumstances you have another might be better and this is sometimes subjective. For a maximum of 327 yard predator hunting I would also suggest perhaps a 204, 223, or 22-250, thus you only have to know your drop, which between 5- 327 yards (if sighted in at the proper optimal caliber range) you will only have to raise or lower your reticle slightly before cutting your bullet loose. Of course, if it is your preference to outfit a fine 6.5, then that will certainly work too, and a lot further than 300. If your hunting wolves, the 6.5 would be a more secure anchor.

Good luck on your predator hunting and I hope you enjoy it.
great info, thx

You bet.

One other scope worth considering is the 3-9x40 trijicon accupint. Glass is great, good reticle choices, and you can shoot with both eyes open.

I was thinking a vx5hd also would be a good option for him either 3-15 or 2-10.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.