Scope for XP-100R

ILris20

I recently received a XP-100R in 22-250 and I want to put a different scope on it. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations? My main use for the gun will be coyote hunting and probably some target shooting out to possibly 300-400 yards. Thank in advance for any and all advice.

The burris 3-12 with ballistic plex is a medeum eye relief scope with decent magnification for the pokes out there a ways.

zuba thanks for the reply...I wasn't wanting to spend quite that much....has anyone heard anything or had any experience with either of these scopes?

Bushnell Trophy XLT 2-6x32 Handgun Scope

or

Simmons 2-6x32 mm ProHunter Truplex Reticle Handgun ScopeThanks

I have three Weaver 2.5-8X28 scopes on Contender barrels and for a pistol scope for $200 I think they are really good. I have used two of them for 5 years with absolutely no problems and no zero change on a 10" 357 mag and a 14" 6mm-225 Win. I put one on my new 14" 30-30AI and shot it this past summer and used it to deer hunt with and killed 4 deer with it this season with zero problems. The only problem with any pistol scope is field of view being narrow. It takes practice to be able to find your target and get on it especially if it is moving like a coyote is always doing. I always keep my scopes set on the lowest power. I have a saying that I have formed over the years. "You always have time to turn up the power but you never have time to turn down the power when hunting."

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.