Scope choice for kimber subalpine 300 wm

MontanaOutdoorsman406

I recently got 2 new scopes and can't decide which one to put on my new kimber I have a Leupold vx5hd 3-15x44 with a wind Plex reticle or a nightforce shv 4-14x56 with the IHR reticle I like certain aspects of both scopes gun will be used for mule deer and elk hunting all opinions appreciated.

FWIW I had a NF NSX on a fairly light 30-06. It was heavy and felt unbalanced. Now that same rifle sports a Swaro 3-10 and is much mo betta.
image.jpg

image.jpeg

I like both. The NF is a much heavier scope, but it has 100 MOA elevation that has 25 MOA more than the VX5 and has a side focus that comes down to 25 yards. But, the VX5 is lighter and has a larger field of view. I'd zero the Leupold and see how it holds up. I've heard from others they have tracking problems, hasn't been my experience, but if it proves true for you, mount the NF. The accuracy and dependability even with the added weight of the SHV will far outweigh a scope that has inconsistent tracking and ultimately can't be zeroed.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.