• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Scammer alert

Posted a WTB ad a few days ago and get a text message from a gmail address. [email protected]

I'm 100% sure it's a scam as they sent me a text at 2oclock in the morning with pics of an item close to what I'm looking for but not exactly. Has anyone been contacted by this person?
The scammer test that I use is to make phone contact. I'll text once I know they are legit but scammers won't talk to you. They come up with every excuse why they can't talk but by then I'm out.

Thank you for sharing this.

Ive had one talk on the phone with me, this guy was good he took photos from an old ad and somehow photo shopped his name and the date on a piece of paper into the photo. However he would not accept a payment that provided protection. I posted about it on several sites back when it happened with the original and scam photos attached. They are getting clever.

If sent to a physical or a po box contact the delivery service and/or check with the local usps for inquiry. If usps they would have to provide a photo id for proof. Hope this helps!