SCAM WEBSITES - Beware of using Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, Crypto currency for guns, it's against their policies.

LVJ76

Absolute scam. It is a violation of the Zelle user agreement to pay for firearms with it. If a site uses a cash app such as Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, ApplePay, it's a scam as none of those cash apps allow firearm purchases and no real gun shop would risk having their account seized and funds locked. If they say they accept credit cards and then tell you they can't take a CC at the moment and want you to pay using one of the above apps, run away. Gunbroker has a link to all of these cash apps and their user agreements. All do not allow firearm purchases.

Excuse my ignorance on this matter, I wasn't fully informed of this until @Cholla posted this one different thread. I have never used gunbroker and don't plan to, so I have never read those policies. I was aware of PayPal but not the other two.

So I thought it be good to share it since there are now more scam websites than legit ones out there. Hopefully this helps prevent some members here from getting scammed.

Also, any website that doesn't accept credit cards is not legit, no matter how much you need those components, understand that if you pay them, you still won't have those components.

Please read the quote above for your information.

Have a blessed weekend everyone

Luis

Here is one sample of the user agreement. This is from Zelle.
1664046003802.png

Be aware that money orders, just like cashier's checks, are now counterfeited, including USPS money orders. It can take weeks before a check or money order fully clears. Even after seeing it clear your account, the bank can still come back weeks later after the money order or check has been fully vetted. Rare? Yes. Does it happen? Yes.
For USPS money orders I have read it is best to wait until the afternoon (so they have cash available) and cash them at the USPO. They will know if it's real and will give you the money right then.
Guntab is a newer service that is an arbitrator in gun transactions. They charge 3% but both parties are safe.
Gunbroker is now using Bitrail for their transactions, but I could not find a way to use a CC for my last purchase so I had to have my bank account connected which took a few days.

Hello,

I placed on order at normashooting.com with a credit card. They look legit to me, but has anyone had good experiences or problems with them? Thanks in advance for your input.
I don't see the Venmo, Zelle, BitCoin offer. If they come back and claim to not be able to accept CC at this time, don't continue regardless of what names they call you. They look legit to me.

I don't see the Venmo, Zelle, BitCoin offer. If they come back and claim to not be able to accept CC at this time, don't continue regardless of what names they call you. They look legit to me.
Thanks! It seems that quite a few have ordered from them in the past, I just thought their website looked a little off, however with multiple items out of stock, it seems real to me. I'll report back once I have the goods in hand.

Hello,

I placed on order at normashooting.com with a credit card. They look legit to me, but has anyone had good experiences or problems with them? Thanks in advance for your input.
They're legit. They make a lot of mistakes sometimes and send extra ammo. One time they cancelled my order of some 9mm and sent it anyway. (in regards to normashooting)

I came across Tactical World yesterday. I don't know anything about them. They had a lot of items. To many in my estimation to be real. Anyway does anybody know about or of them?

I came across Tactical World yesterday. I don't know anything about them. They had a lot of items. To many in my estimation to be real. Anyway does anybody know about or of them?
My guess is that they are real. Scammers like to go after higher dollar amount products, not clothing. PayPal is okay for items that Tactical World sells. The best way to determine if they are real is to call. If English is a second or third language for the person on the other end, suspect foul play.

My guess is that they are real. Scammers like to go after higher dollar amount products, not clothing. PayPal is okay for items that Tactical World sells. The best way to determine if they are real is to call. If English is a second or third language for the person on the other end, suspect foul play.

They had powder, primers and other items hard to come by.

They had powder, primers and other items hard to come by.

Looked it up people say scam. Phone number doesnt work and they are based in China