Savavge 110 BA

milkie62

A new Field & Stream just opened near me and they have a Savavge 110 BA in .300 win mag for $1600.00 on sale.It would be nice to have just to be different .Are these pretty much just find a scope and a good load and that's it ? Do they need any extra help to make them more accurate ? Only problem since it does not have any open sights I would not be shooting it for awhile until I saved up some money for a scope or just throw something cheap on it for some 100 yd shooting for the time being.

I'd highly suggest getting it. I had a 10BA in 308 win, very precise and accurate rifle.
My buddy has a 110BA in 300WM and is just as good.

If you plan on hunting with it bring a wheel barrel ! It is heavy.
For shooting targets or for remote hunting ( coyoty/deer sniping) at distance it is a great rifle.

As far as getting it ready to shoot, just get a load and scope and go for it!! I'd bet it would even shoot factory ammo great and I don't think I've ever said that. No need to bed the action or install a scope base. All you need a is a good set of rings and a scope.
That stock is solid thick aluminum so it is extremely rigid so go ahead and get a good bipod if you want . Mine shot good from bags also.
Good luck.

In my experience, they are good to go right out of the box. I've got one in .338LM and I'm very pleased with it. I've got a Trijicon scope on mine. I use the S&B ammo from Cabela's, and it works well for my needs, which is putting big holes in pigs.

I've shot a 110 in .300WM before, and was very impressed with it.

I wanted the 338 also since I seen what it did to groundhogs.But with 338 being basically twice as much as 300 win mag ,if and when I pull the trigger mine will be the 300.I do like the cool factor of the 338 though.

For the time being stock will be OK for me since I will have to locate a long range area.And all extra money will be needed for quality optics.

I have a Nikon Monarch 3 scope in 4-16x50 power.Will this work initially till I can afford better glass with the .300 win mag ?

It will work. It may not have the magnification you need to reach out, but if you are looking for something to look through to put rounds down range until you can afford something better, go for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts