• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage Prefit For Sale

backwoods83

I have a McGowen 1:10 twist, small shank, matte stainless, 28" long plus 2" Vias muzzle brake, has an 11* crown under the break. The barrel was chambered by Fred at 4D reamers, its a short throat 300wby mag match, .060" freebore, no turn neck, the Vias break was installed by Hawk Hill Customs. Throat is a little short for factory ammo, but I can have Hawk Hill add another .060" freebore with a hybrid throater. Barrel was 360.00, break plus install was 150.00, I'm asking 435.00 shipped as is or 460.00 with the addition of the hybrid throat. This barrel is new/never fired, the contour is a straight taper to 1" at the muzzle. I bought it with the intention of using it in 1k IBS matches but have moved on to the Savage PTAs which are large shanks so I have no use for it.

I am interested, but here is a dumb question can I install it myself. No gunsmithing experence but I get how most things work. And I understand I will have to use go no go gages to headspace it. But noot sure how hard it is to take old off and add new.
Ralph
[email protected]

Its not very hard, you need a barrel nut wrench and the instruction video and action vise would be a plus, for the money spent on the wrench and other things, if its a 1 time deal I would just pay a gunsmith 50 bucks to swap it.

Could you send me an email at the above address tried to send a private message consider it sold if you can wait for next weds to cash.

To show you and the world, and I appologize, dumb I am thought it was 308 not 300 wby. So sorry.

Bump, 420.00 shipped as is.

Also may be interested in some large shank prefits, 300wsm, 338edge, 338LM, 260AI, 284win, 7x270wsm, etc..
Would trade for a NIB Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 plus 150 cash, or a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 plus 75 cash.
SA savage centerfeed 4.4"
Partial trades for 6.5x284 bushing neck die, preferably redding comp, about any cal Lapua brass, 3 die 44mag set, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, and 338 cal bullets of all sorts.
EGW or Weaver 20moa rail for R700 LA
Bell and Carlson medalist for LA Vanguard
2 Rifle Basix WTHRBY-V triggers.
And plenty other things I need, shoot me a pm with any offers, thanks.

Last edited: